Rate the bobcat mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    It's not the worst, but it's far from the best I've seen.
    Attached Files

Comment

It's mechanically sound- I'd give it 8.5 for mechanics but as others have noted and myself also, it just seems off a little. At first chance, I felt the face had more of a bear look for some reason although I can't put my finger on it (I really think because the ears are too low on the side of the face). Overall, I'd give in a 7 or B-

Comment

Am I correct in saying that the fur shouldn’t be touched? I had the understanding that if I were to wipe down my mounts ( dust and webs)that I should use panty hose to keep the oils off of them ...

Nice cat and mount no need to say anything else :-)

Comment

If you want the truth, head and body look good. Neck is to thin. Sorry.

Comment

Looks a little off to me. Neck and chest, maybe angle?

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
              Where can I see this “specimen”?

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                If you want the truth, head and body look good. Neck is to thin. Sorry.
                Not disagreeing with this, my wife said the exact same thing. At the end of the day, what’s done is done and I was either going to be Happy or Unhappy with the mount, and despite certain elements perhaps leaving a bit to be desired, I think I’m pretty squarely on the Happy side of the equation.

The taxidermist has done all of my big game and knocked it out of the park, so he’s good in my book.

That being said, I appreciate everyone’s honest feedback.

Comment

While you're worried about your cat, you have two bucks in the background getting into a tussle. Maybe you should go separate them before someone loses an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                    OP not knocking your Cat.

Is the new standard for Bobcat mounts to compare it to really bad ones? Shouldn't the standard for any Taxi work be in its relation to a living wild animal?
                    Man you have a solid point. I think I’ve just gotten used to seeing so many terrible bobcats that I was just hoping to get one that was anything better than absolutely jacked up. LOL.

Overall I’m happy with it, conversation piece for sure anyway.

Comment

Not sure what to say ..... I have a similar bobcat mount done years ago.

But it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks ..... What do you think!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Looks like he just woke up from a nap and has bed head haha
                        My casual observation also. Other than that I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. Very cool trophy.

Comment

I give it an 8. Looks good to me.

Comment

Mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              You pulling my leg? Either that or.. I feel pretty solid about my mount now lol.

Thanks AC.

Comment

Looks like it has a lazy eye.

Comment

Working...
                                X