No announcement yet.

Art Briles to Mt. Vernon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don’t those who are “in the know” beyond what was in the press enlighten the rest? You’ve presented a lot of “well that’s not the real story,” but have failed to provide anything that would prove otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Why don’t those who are “in the know” beyond what was in the press enlighten the rest? You’ve presented a lot of “well that’s not the real story,” but have failed to provide anything that would prove otherwise.
      Becuase you just have to trust them. The media was out to get Briles for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        You'll never convince those that believe the headlines. People that were close and know what actually happened know. And those that watch espn think they know. No point wasting time arguing.

In glad he got another chance. Didnt think it would take so long. He's a good guy and a great coach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

People that were close like the girls who were RAPED????? Come on, the man knowingly had bad dudes on campus under his watch. Good buddies with him or not you BU homers or friends that ate at the cafe with him are some real winners. I didn’t have to be “close” to the situations. I can read the reports and the reports of investigators. But you keep that head in the clouds and pretend it was those 50+ girls fault, or the AD or the Waco pd anyone and everyone but the man who brought and harbored those guys at Baylor. So good ole Art just worried about the X’s and O’s and was completely innocent, just got caught up in HIS players mistakes. Like it was said above all you in the know with details of how good he was and know the real story why keep it secret? Go ahead and get the real story out there and clear his name... what’s the hold up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You'll never convince those that believe the headlines. People that were close and know what actually happened know. And those that watch espn think they know. No point wasting time arguing.

In glad he got another chance. Didnt think it would take so long. He's a good guy and a great coach.

Bull...****!

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
          Most if not all reported to either campus police or Waco PD. Those two entities would "investigate" the report. Briles was made aware of every situation and did zero to hold the young men accountable.

This whole situation was finally broke when a reporter was in the courthouse and overheard a persons name on trial the they recognized as a Baylor football player. This player was in the late stages of trial and still practicing with the team. Briles and other coaches were aware of the situation and thought it would be better to keep him on the team instead sending him packing. Keep in mind this same player was dismissed from Boise St for sexually assaulting a girl up there. Boise St coaches called Briles to make sure he knew why the player was kicked off the team.

So to answer your question or statement. No it's not Briles job to be the judge or jury. It was his job to make sure players under his control stayed out of trouble and were appropriately dealt with when they weren't. Briles chose to aid and abet because football was more important.

Keep in mind we aren't talking a few incidents. Over 52 rape incidents over 4 years, and ZERO players kicked off of team. I'd say Briles doesn't need to coach kids again.

Yeah, great guy...how anyone can take that scumbag’s side is mind blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
            People that were close like the girls who were RAPED????? Come on, the man knowingly had bad dudes on campus under his watch. Good buddies with him or not you BU homers or friends that ate at the cafe with him are some real winners. I didn’t have to be “close” to the situations. I can read the reports and the reports of investigators. But you keep that head in the clouds and pretend it was those 50+ girls fault, or the AD or the Waco pd anyone and everyone but the man who brought and harbored those guys at Baylor. So good ole Art just worried about the X’s and O’s and was completely innocent, just got caught up in HIS players mistakes. Like it was said above all you in the know with details of how good he was and know the real story why keep it secret? Go ahead and get the real story out there and clear his name... what’s the hold up?

It's out there if you research it. You're throwing out numbers that aren't real. Just regurgitating ESPN statements. After all this time only one player has ever been convicted. The second was overturned and is still in the appeals process. Only 3 total ever even had a charge filed against them.

The university had a systemic problem. But it had a lot more to do with wealthy kids, frat boys, etc. Than football players. However when the things came to light they chose to blame football coaches and nuke the program to deflect from what had really been going on.

But as said before. At this point it's like debating hilary and trump. People have a line drawn in the sand and don't care what the other side has to say. They just want to shout loud enough the other side hears it.

Comment

This

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
              Rape no rape, why is it the coach who has to report all this. Granted he should have. My point is if girl is raped, go to police. Police file charges, player is removed or arrested. Goes to court found guilty or innocent. It should not flow through the school if it has not even gone through the police. Not saying he is innocent or guilty but there is a process to follow when rapped. Kinda like the ladies or men coming out 30 years later saying they were raped or touched etc. Just go to police when it happens.
              Can’t believe the Families and the Girls went to the coaches to report rape after partying all night in the Athletic dorm.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                Most if not all reported to either campus police or Waco PD. Those two entities would "investigate" the report. Briles was made aware of every situation and did zero to hold the young men accountable.

This whole situation was finally broke when a reporter was in the courthouse and overheard a persons name on trial the they recognized as a Baylor football player. This player was in the late stages of trial and still practicing with the team. Briles and other coaches were aware of the situation and thought it would be better to keep him on the team instead sending him packing. Keep in mind this same player was dismissed from Boise St for sexually assaulting a girl up there. Boise St coaches called Briles to make sure he knew why the player was kicked off the team.

So to answer your question or statement. No it's not Briles job to be the judge or jury. It was his job to make sure players under his control stayed out of trouble and were appropriately dealt with when they weren't. Briles chose to aid and abet because football was more important.

Keep in mind we aren't talking a few incidents. Over 52 rape incidents over 4 years, and ZERO players kicked off of team. I'd say Briles doesn't need to coach kids again.
                Guess what I was saying is not clear enough. I dont know what to do with the coach. I am saying that he should not be the guy people go to about a rape. This is for the cops. So go to police and file a report where they can do the Rap kit stuff and collect evidence. Then no matter if coach is a snake or a great person he is removed from it do to the police getting involved. Now if the police investigate and say no charges are being filled then why would a coach get involved.

Again not saying one way or the other about him. Just saying it needs to be handled different from when a rape happens.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Art briles for PResident!

#permanentResident
                  Last edited by eastxhunter; 05-25-2019, 05:20 PM. Reason: In prison

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                    Guess what I was saying is not clear enough. I dont know what to do with the coach. I am saying that he should not be the guy people go to about a rape. This is for the cops. So go to police and file a report where they can do the Rap kit stuff and collect evidence. Then no matter if coach is a snake or a great person he is removed from it do to the police getting involved. Now if the police investigate and say no charges are being filled then why would a coach get involved.

Again not saying one way or the other about him. Just saying it needs to be handled different from when a rape happens.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                    Should a coach not remove a player from the team who is accused of rape,’or any other serious crime. We understood the statement, but it’s the wrong perspective in the 1st place

Comment

Should a coach not remove a player from the team who is accused of rape,’or any other serious crime. We understood the statement, but it’s the wrong perspective in the 1st place
                      Completely aside from the debate over his character.

Is this not america? Are we not innocent until proven guilty?

Has anybody ever accused you of anything?

Look at Oakman, career destroyed, lost out on millions, treated like scum, unable to even work at McDonald's for three years because nobody would touch him.

And now he's been proven innocent. But nobody cares. He played at baylor so he did it apparently.

Comment

Completely aside from the debate over his character.

Is this not america? Are we not innocent until proven guilty?

Has anybody ever accused you of anything?

Look at Oakman, career destroyed, lost out on millions, treated like scum, unable to even work at McDonald's for three years because nobody would touch him.

And now he's been proven innocent. But nobody cares. He played at baylor so he did it apparently.

Ho-lee-crap! What ever you are on, I want some!

Beside the point of his character? Are you serious? It is a direct reflection of his character that win at all cost is all that mattered. False accusations you say? Nobody said you get to play foosball until proven innocent, your @$$ just doesent go to jail.

Abso-freakin-lutely they should be susepended, same as if they were accused of a DWI, theft or any other crime of significance, and THEN IF they are found to be innocent, they get the mother lovin’ PRIVILEGE of playing football again.

Comment

Ho-lee-crap! What ever you are on, I want some!

Beside the point of his character? Are you serious? It is a direct reflection of his character that win at all cost is all that mattered. False accusations you say? Nobody said you get to play foosball until proven innocent, your @$$ just doesent go to jail.

Abso-freakin-lutely they should be susepended, same as if they were accused of a DWI, theft or any other crime of significance, and THEN IF they are found to be innocent, they get the mother lovin’ PRIVILEGE of playing football again.
                          Look up all the law suits of kids kicked off of teams or out of colleges before the trial happens.

Duke lacrosse is a good starting point.

Comment

Look up all the law suits of kids kicked off of teams or out of colleges before the trial happens.

Duke lacrosse is a good starting point.

Again, your ability to read AND comprehend is terribly inadequate. S-U-S-P-E-N-D-E-D...

Since you seem to be a simpleton, I’ll use a simpler term, grounded.

They should not be allowed to practice,
                            Play or otherwise function as an active team member.

Comment

Again, your ability to read AND comprehend is terribly inadequate. S-U-S-P-E-N-D-E-D...

Since you seem to be a simpleton, I’ll use a simpler term, grounded.

They should not be allowed to practice,
                              Play or otherwise function as an active team member.
                              Oh ok. Did you know that none of the BU guys worked out with the team after being accused? I mean, since you know so much about the situation.

Tevin immediately removed from workouts and practices after accusation.

Sam U- never actually practiced with the team in the first place. Coach bennett made one comment that he thought Sam would be cleared and back on the team at a dinner event. Turns out, charges reversed years later.

Oakman- already had graduated when accused. Also innocent.

Name all these other guys that were charged with things? I'll wait..

Comment

Oh ok. Did you know that none of the BU guys worked out with the team after being accused? I mean, since you know so much about the situation.

Tevin immediately removed from workouts and practices after accusation.

Sam U- never actually practiced with the team in the first place. Coach bennett made one comment that he thought Sam would be cleared and back on the team at a dinner event. Turns out, charges reversed years later.

Oakman- already had graduated when accused. Also innocent.

Name all these other guys that were charged with things? I'll wait..

Tevin Elliot

Comment

Working...
                                X