No announcement yet.

Best wireless camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez, that cost adds up quickly. Batteries, solar panels, camera cost, cell plans... I have one cellular camera so I understand the benefits. Just wish it was cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by BCHUNTER View Post
      Just so I'm clear on this. You are saying you have 6 cameras on one data plan? We have been running Spartan cameras and each camera has to have its on plan.
      Pay for 1 plan (however many pics you want) and then add cams to it for $7 per camera. All are on the same plan.

I have 5000 pics $11.99 and $14 for 2 additional cams.

Comment

I may have missed this, but do these work with AT&T or Verizon or does it matter which cell phone service you have? I use AT&T and most places at my lease has good coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
          I may have missed this, but do these work with AT&T or Verizon or does it matter which cell phone service you have? I use AT&T and most places at my lease has good coverage.
          None of these cell cams are dependent on your cell phone carrier. Most of them make a Verizon or ATT model. Just select the one that has the best cell signal at your place. Most operate through their own app.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            Pay for 1 plan (however many pics you want) and then add cams to it for $7 per camera. All are on the same plan.

I have 5000 pics $11.99 and $14 for 2 additional cams.
            Thanks for clearing that up for me. I went to there site and it was a little unclear to me how much it was to add a camera. Sounds like a much better deal than what I get running our spartain cameras.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I went to there site and it was a little unclear to me how much it was to add a camera. Sounds like a much better deal than what I get running our spartain cameras.
              I plan to add a couple more. Really like them and Covert Customer Service is top notch!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                X2 on this question with Covert. I thought you had to have a plan for each camera with them and most others. With my Cuddelink, I’m running 4 cams for $20/mo total, not each.
                How is the battery life on these cuddelink cams?? And what is the actual range you have gotten/experianced from cam to cam??

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  You will not need remote battery pack for a Covert. 12 rechargeables in the camera and done.
                  So do I just need to buy the covert camera and the solar panel? Good to go? Or anything else I need to buy?

Comment

Anybody using a cellular stealth cam? I’ve always had good results with their regular cameras.

Comment

Spypoint Micro update:

Camera worked flawlessly everywhere I tried except the location where I wanted it to go. Easy set up, etc. Good pics. Instant Send to Cell.

The area where I wanted it to go was in a low draw between two hills with questionable cell service. Thought I could make it work....no luck no cell signal.

I may try the Cuddeback Cell Home Cam system. I can put a Home Cell Unit on a hill near location where there is great signal and a Cuddelink camera at the feeder.

Comment

Picture quality you get through the app with spartan is a lot better than covert, but that’s not important to everyone. And you don’t have to pay extra to request the HD version from the SD card. And you you can get really nice 10 second videos sent to you as well. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          How is the battery life on these cuddelink cams?? And what is the actual range you have gotten/experianced from cam to cam??
                          I’m running a Cudde Cellular with 4 Link cameras. Terrain and cover will determine range from unit to unit. I was able to get 500-600 yards with no problem with clear line of sight. Add in cover and drop one down in a valley and that distance will be cut. The home Cellular works very well. The problem comes in when you start getting a heavier picture volume from one or more of the Linked cameras. It will get hours behind on picture delivery, sometimes as long as 24hrs. The cellular base sends pics pretty quickly once it gets them. The links are the slow part. Understand there is no app. You cannot make any changes to the cameras remotely. You have to have the cameras in hand to do anything. Pictures quality is below average.

Where the system shines is if you have limited areas on your place that can get cellular service, you can put the base in a good cellular area and drop the links in the non cellular areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                          X