AZ archery mule deer hunt and shout out to Vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AZ archery mule deer hunt and shout out to Vortex

Went north of Tucson for some public land OTC DIY archery mule deer hunting. Saw some great deer and made some great stalks but just couldn't seal the deal. It was by far one of the most fun hunts I've done. I'll post some pics.

I was using my new Maven 18x56 glass on a new Vortex tripod. Somehow I lost the head pivoting handle on the tripod. It backed out and slipped off. I emailed Vortex from the field and they sent new parts to me free. Amazing customer service, personal and went out of their way quickly to get me parts.

Interesting. I had nearly the same experience with my tripod in AZ two years ago on an OTC hunt. They did the same for me then I sold it down the line and bought a better quality one when I got home. Just hated the idea that it could happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are some of the pics. The petroglyphs were awesome. Cool to think we were hunting the same grounds as our primitive ancestors.
      Attached Files

Comment

Taking the Can-am was definitely worth it. It was a long haul, but made life so much easier.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like you had a great time and adventure.

I have hunted AZ several times, some draw, some OTC, and even killed a few deer, but every time the hunt is just outstanding. In fact, I had an archery tag in the Kaibab last August, hunted 12 days and came home with an empty cooler. The experience, the scenery, the wildlife are all reasons I keep wanting to go back. I guess its something to do with different methods like spot and stalk that ruined me on whitetail hunting.

Comment

I went too. Vortex Diamondback 12x50s broke first morning glassing. Whole eyepiece fell off. Made a stalk on a 180" deer. Moo Cow blew him out when I got to 70 yards. I never knew the buck was that big until we looked at pictures later from the spotter and were talking with a local at the truck. He showed us pics of him and had his sheds from last year.

Comment

what is the bino attachment to the tripod called?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcortex View Post
                Sounds like you had a great time and adventure.

I have hunted AZ several times, some draw, some OTC, and even killed a few deer, but every time the hunt is just outstanding. In fact, I had an archery tag in the Kaibab last August, hunted 12 days and came home with an empty cooler. The experience, the scenery, the wildlife are all reasons I keep wanting to go back. I guess its something to do with different methods like spot and stalk that ruined me on whitetail hunting.
                There is definitely something special about hunting AZ. I think I'm hooked. We are going to look at hunting near Tombstone next year.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                  what is the bino attachment to the tripod called?
                  Shop at Blackovis- and it's the Outdoorsman binocular adapter. You may also need the plate as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X