No announcement yet.

Old guys getting into shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am full of jokes but yall are making me want to go get checked out. Cause i know the feeling. I just assumed it was work, kids, and less free time for hunting fishing, raising hell. Been told I am getting grumpy in my old age.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
      I am full of jokes but yall are making me want to go get checked out. Cause i know the feeling. I just assumed it was work, kids, and less free time for hunting fishing, raising hell. Been told I am getting grumpy in my old age.
      Low T

Comment

And I'm sure your getting grumpy as well!!

Comment

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, my family doctor checked me in the afternoon and it showed low. He put me on shots and i think it made me have more mood swings due to the ups and downs. I had all the symptoms most of you are discussing. I went to an endo and she had me checked in the morning and found out my T levels are good. I'm off the shots and actually feeling better. I just think some of the family doctors out there are quick to put patients on this because it's becoming the new fad and commercialized product for men.

Comment

Well reading some of the GS posts got me motivated 3 weeks ago, I've completely changed my eating behavior and joined a gym. I weighed 260 when I started this and haven't weighed yet this week but my clothes are fitting looser and my energy levels are way up.
            I'm also on andro-gel and this is my 2nd month, feeling better than I have in years, I had my thyroid completely removed 12 years ago so I've been struggling with weight ever since.
            I don't really have a goal to achieve as far as weight loss goes just wanting to feel better and hopefully this will help my back as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wpcattleco View Post
              Like I mentioned in an earlier post, my family doctor checked me in the afternoon and it showed low. He put me on shots and i think it made me have more mood swings due to the ups and downs. I had all the symptoms most of you are discussing. I went to an endo and she had me checked in the morning and found out my T levels are good. I'm off the shots and actually feeling better. I just think some of the family doctors out there are quick to put patients on this because it's becoming the new fad and commercialized product for men.
              I kind of agree with you. Who am I to judge anyone but myself. I think my issue is working late, eating late and drinking too much beer not enough exercise. If I get my butt back in the gym and still feeling this way maybe I will bring it up next check up. But I think my personal diet and exercise should change first. I know after a weekend of hiking, camping and hunting I feel better than a week at work. Maybe I dont need T.... I just need a sugar momma with lots of cash to pay my bills

Comment

free weights

Workout at home would be a good solution, what you need is Youtube training video, and some free weights.
                Last edited by alohamuscle; 09-13-2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alohamuscle View Post
                  Workout at home would be a good solution, what you need is Youtube training video, and some free weights.
                  Good advice but it's a NINE YEAR OLD thread..

Comment

Yep, & Glen is an old retired fart

Comment

Not in a hurry :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        Good advice but it's a NINE YEAR OLD thread..
                        spammer

Comment

Originally posted by alohamuscle View Post
                          Not in a hurry :-)
                          You're too late. You should've been here 9 years ago. Now we're all too old to work out.

Comment

At 55 I still have good strength and muscle mass. They just built a new Gym in town so I joined. It’s suppose to open in a week. I did crazy strength training when I was younger but that’s not really in the cards at 55. Going for lean and muscular with good cardio. Can’t wait to get started.

Comment

Me thinks aloha is selling some YouTube tapes.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                                Yep, & Glen is an old retired fart
                                Yeah, OLD and retired. Every time I see him, he's hurting some where. I keep telling him to take up yoga but he won't listen.

Comment

Working...
                                X