Bare shaft tuning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
    Mathews Drenalin, 28” draw length, 62 lb draw weight, Gold Tip Hunter XT 300’s w/ 100 grain weights & 100 grain field tip, 29” carbon to carbon.
    Look from bottom cam to top idler wheel along the string and see if cam leans out. If not, make sure idler is straight a full draw. May have to twist left split. I don’t think arrow is too stiff. A left tear is a horizontal nock travel issue, and weak or stiff is usually a vertical issue with most single cam bows.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
      Look from bottom cam to top idler wheel along the string and see if cam leans out. If not, make sure idler is straight a full draw. May have to twist left split. I don’t think arrow is too stiff. A left tear is a horizontal nock travel issue, and weak or stiff is usually a vertical issue with most single cam bows.
      My cam and idler look good. I think I have to twist my left yoke and untwist my right

Comment

Found a video on YouTube on how to adjust yoke twist without a press. Twisted my left side and untwisted my right and I’ve just about got it!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
          Found a video on YouTube on how to adjust yoke twist without a press. Twisted my left side and untwisted my right and I’ve just about got it!
          That looks pretty good. My current bow doesn't shoot a clean hole through paper but bareshaft is perfect at 30 yards.. so I wouldn't completely trust a paper tune.

You also need to shoot a foam target before you start adjusting for entry angle. The rags in a bag target can make the arrow angle look bad when it's really hitting square..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
            That looks pretty good. My current bow doesn't shoot a clean hole through paper but bareshaft is perfect at 30 yards.. so I wouldn't completely trust a paper tune.

You also need to shoot a foam target before you start adjusting for entry angle. The rags in a bag target can make the arrow angle look bad when it's really hitting square..
            My target is a foam target. It’s turned sideways so it’s hard to tell. I didn’t think about a bag target affecting arrow angle but it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
            X