Cattle Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cattle Sales

Buddy sent me a picture of a very long line of trucks & trailers at the Emory livestock sale
    Wonder if beef prices will drop any if there is a spike on the supply side?
    I’m sure it’s tough right now for the cattle guys

All the market market reports I read in central Texas says calves down from 2 to 6 dollars.

Comment

That would likely be per 100lbs.
      Currently, 7-9 month steers are in the $1.60 PER POUND range.

Comment

Not sure yet what the prices were but heard they were pretty low. Also the cattle auction went for 11 hours at Emory yesterday and finished auction at 11pm and didn’t finish paperwork until 2am this morning

Comment

I saw that picture also. I am curious if anyone has hauled cattle to the auction the last couple of weeks. I would like an honest assessment of how it went.

I am afraid that is how it will be all over Texas in the coming weeks.

Are there buyers at the auction?

Those that went thru this in 2011 tell us how this is going to play out.

Thanks

Comment

I’m gonna guess, much like timber vs. lumber prices, the bottleneck in processing will set the price at the grocery store.

I’m still seeing shortages to this day.

Comment

Cattle Sales

No grass in the pastures and tanks are running dry. Fuel costs has driven up the price of supplemental hay and grain...which farmers aren't used to having to supply in the summer. Tough times.

As for cheaper meat prices. Doubt it. Fuel prices drive everything else. It simply costs more to get stuff from Point A to Point B now.

Comment

Originally posted by basschsr View Post
                Not sure yet what the prices were but heard they were pretty low. Also the cattle auction went for 11 hours at Emory yesterday and finished auction at 11pm and didn’t finish paperwork until 2am this morning
                I looked there market report for yesterday and 6/28 sale. Not much difference in prices really. Surprisingly they held up a lot better than I was afraid of.

680 of that head count was sheep and goats.

Hauled some to Buffalo Friday. Curious to see how they do. Talked to the owner in Buffalo they anticipated prices to stay up this week. Could take a dip over the next month then he thinks they will go back up. He said last of cattle are going north as they are short on cows up there.

We just need a little rain and we can make it through this.

Comment

Navasota was the same way yesterday

Comment

I saw the video. Trucks and trailers were lined up for a mile or more each direction

Comment

Just saw report for Buffalo it was pretty good!! Considering. Obviously we would all love them to be more. But they where higher than the 6/28 sell.

Comment

My guy tells me he usually gets a better price in Sulphur Springs than he does in Emory. Haven't talked to him lately though.

Comment

I’ve never done well at Emory but they were basically giving them away 2 weeks ago. This past sale I’m sure was sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                            Buddy sent me a picture of a very long line of trucks & trailers at the Emory livestock sale
                            Wonder if beef prices will drop any if there is a spike on the supply side?
                            I’m sure it’s tough right now for the cattle guys
                            Cattle prices down but the price of beef at the story will probably continue to rise like everything else. Prayers for ya'll in the cattle business. Got to be tough with the heat and no rain.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mossman500 View Post
                              Navasota was the same way yesterday

Yep. Nearly a mile long line from the entrance of the drop off line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X