Took my son on an Elk Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my son on an Elk Hunt

I finally got to a place in my life where I could have a chance to take my son on a guided Elk hunt. I booked the hunt back in February for a Elk from 300-349”. Finally the day came this Past Wednesday. The hunt was with Texas Hunt Lodge in hunt Texas. We arrived Wednesday afternoon to a great welcome and a very nice dinner and drinks. We talked well into the night about where we were going and what we could expect.
    Thursday morning came with much excitement from and my son, the hunt was for him and I was to take pictures and Video everything. We left the lodge at 7:30am to head out to a very nice ranch. The hunt started out slowly only seeing a few black bucks and a couple of really nice wildebeest. We then started seeing more animals a very nice Axis buck probably 36” or better with nice brows. We were driving around in a SxS and were coming down a big hill when we saw our first set of bulls there were three standing and lying beside the fresh water from the night before. While watching the bulls a couple of huge cape Buffaloes came walking down the other side of the hill. It was very cool to see these animals that you only see on TV unless you are lucky enough to get out to Africa. We watched for a few minutes and then drove up the next hill and spotted 4 more huge bulls that were way out of my price range we guessed them from 425-550”. We looked at 15 bulls before my son decided on the one that he really liked a lot. It had everything that he was looking mass and width along with height.

We parked at the top of the hill and got everything ready to stalk them. We were able to get within 130yrds of them there were three of them in this group. My son got on his sticks and placed the perfect shot, but the bull sucked that bullet up and just stood there as if nothing happened. He placed a second round in him and he sucked it up as well but this time you could see him put that head down and start to wobble. He stood there for a minute before he finally started to wabble and crashed over to his demise. I have attached some pictures below. It was the best hunt that I have ever been on and to do it with my son was so very special.

Thanks for reading and sharing the experience with me.
    Attached Files

Congrats to you ant agouti son on an opportunity to make memories together.

Comment

Awesome bull!!!

Congrats to y’all!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice Bull. Congratulations!

Comment

Great story and awesome trophy for both of you. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Now we need dinner plate pics!

Comment

Great to see father and son in the woods - beauty elk.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

I didn’t even know there were water buffalo in Texas. Great bull

Comment

Congrats to your son. Good dad

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome job!!!!!

Comment

That’s a big ole bull! Congrats to your son…and you. Is that your son or you in the pictures?
                        Last edited by Burnadell; 09-03-2022, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Congrats. Looks like a great time with your son.

Comment

Awesome bull! Congrats to your son!

Comment

Nice bull! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X