Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont be a dumb sumbeach

Like me!
    I was taking down a ladder stand yesterday climbed up to the top and loosen the strap and as I was climbing down the dang ladder broken in half. I fell about 7ft straight down. Hit on my heels and sprang both ankles. Luckily nothing broke but my ego.

Check the condition of your stands before you get on them and dont be a dumb sumbeach like me.

Dang. Glad to hear you are ok.

Comment

Wow, I'm glad you weren't hurt worse and hope you recover quickly. Don't be too hard on yourself, we've all been there.

Comment

Glad it wasn’t as bad as it could have been.

Comment

Could have been much worse. Glad you’re mostly okay.

Comment

Got off light! Glad you're ok!

Comment

Could have been a lot worse! Glad you are okay.

Comment

the good lord was looking after you.

Comment

If you are over 22yrs old. Ground blind. Just do it. Under 22yrs old. They are nimble and dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    If you are over 22yrs old. Ground blind. Just do it. Under 22yrs old. They are nimble and dumb.
                    And bounce too.

Comment

Ugh, I fell asleep in a treestand 28' in the air about ten years ago and caught myself as I was falling. Been hyperly wide-awake in every stand since.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                        Ugh, I fell asleep in a treestand 28' in the air about ten years ago and caught myself as I was falling. Been hyperly wide-awake in every stand since.

I did the same thing about 25 yrs ago. Wake up about halfway to around. Ended up getting hung in the ladder runs about 3 ft off the ground. It was and eye opening experience……[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad all of you are able to tell this story. An old friend of mine told me that a guy he used to work with fell out of a tree stand and drove a screw in tree step through his femoral artery trying to catch himself on the way down.

Comment

Too late for me not to be a dumba%$...

Comment

Dang, you got lucky.

Be careful moving stands as well.

I had an employee that was crushed to death by a deer stand he was moving that fell on him, not long after retiring too boot.

Comment

Working...
                              X