House and Bedrooms Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House and Bedrooms Question

Has anyone had their kids bedrooms right off or close to the living/tv room. We are looking at a house to buy that we really like, but the kids bedrooms are right off the living space. We have young kids, and I’m worried that being that close to the living space will make it harder for them to sleep due to the light and noise. Anyone have any experience with this and if so, what is your opinion?

My kids bedrooms are virtually right off the living room. There is a short hallway with a 1/2 bath in between the doors to bedrooms. We have never really had a issue with the noise keeping them awake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our previous house was just like Mayhem’s. The noise didn’t effect the kids at all except for with the occasional gettogether with friends.

That didn’t stop the wife from constantly telling me that I’m being too loud or to turn the tv down....

Comment

This is the best way to describe the layout.

The kids rooms has a jack and Jill bath between.

I’ll stay in the living room at night and watch football and never seem to have a issue.

Comment

How loud are y’all?

Comment

Thanks guys. We aren’t that loud, but our kids are light sleepers. I don’t want to deal with whispering when we have guests over or when I’m watching a game. Here’s a pic showing where the rooms are located.

Comment

I don’t think that is a problem, but my kids sleep like the dead.

Comment

Kids sleep so hard you gotta almost yell to get most of them up

Comment

if i liked the house it would not stop me

Comment

Ours are close to the living room. The kids are 8 and 9. Every so often they ask us to turn the TV down. We usually do anyways before they go to bed. Doesn't need to be as loud once they're out of the room as it is.

Comment

My house is very similar to Mayhem’s layout. No carpet, and a 6 and 3 year old sleeping with open doors. Wife and I watch TV after they go to bed and our full surround/subwoofer is always on and they sleep right through.

Comment

We will be building a house soon, and the layout we like has the rooms in those same spots. The kids will just have to get used to it if it's a problem.

Comment

Our kids bedrooms are very close to the living room. I don't recall it ever being a major issue. They'd go to bed, close their doors and go to sleep. It was mainly an issue only when they were small, like toddlers, and we would shut everything down when it was their bedtime so they would go to sleep. Once they hit school age I don't ever remember a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            This is the best way to describe the layout.

The kids rooms has a jack and Jill bath between.

I’ll stay in the living room at night and watch football and never seem to have a issue.

The only issue is that the room on the left is Mini Mayhem's and he likes to be sneaky and open his door and lay in the floor so he can watch the TV if I stay up. That just means I can't watch Outlander in the living room unless I KNOW he's asleep already!!
                            What Mayhem didn't tell you though, is that we go to bed during the week right after they do so it isn't an issue because if we stay up and watch tv, it's in our room or only on the weekends. Typically they all go to bed and I watch something on my tablet in bed with headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                              Thanks guys. We aren’t that loud, but our kids are light sleepers. I don’t want to deal with whispering when we have guests over or when I’m watching a game. Here’s a pic showing where the rooms are located.
                              The first house we bought was almost identical to your pic, was never an issue for us with 3 small kids but we were definitely not the "shhhh the babies sleeping" types

Comment

Working...
                              X