Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The definition of insanity is happening right before my eyes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be a very long read

So to start things off I live in a neighborhood that has a retention pond in front of our houses(lake lot) lol. This neighborhood used to be a golf course with a little water hazard that they turned into a long skinny retention pond with a 6x5 concrete inlet on one side with a large drain on the other.

The pond stays at a normal level and when we get a hard rain the pond rises a few feet and flows out the drain at the other end. Well fast forward several years and folks building a few neighborhoods that drain into the drainage ditch there has been a lot of silt build up in the pond.

The HOA has hired someone to drain and dig the pond out because it actually overflowed into the streets for the first time in 8 years recently. So first thing I notice is a large pump rented from United rentals and a large old track hoe in front of my house one day.

First off he drains the pond and we don’t have any rain for 2 weeks so it would be a perfect time to get the work done but the trackhoe never moves. Then we get some crazy flash flood and the large rented pump goes completely under water so the guy rushes out to save the pump and tears up the sidewalk.

Then he works on the pump and if I had to guess doesn’t let United rentals know that the pump was under 6 foot of water. So now we have a full pond, flooded pump, and broken sidewalk.

After about 20 days he drains the pond for the 3rd or 4th time with someone watching the pump(asleep in their vehicle) to get about 5% of the job done. He then drains the pond again and digs a bucket around the whole pond right on the edges. He piles all the smelly mud rotten fish dirt up by the road and it has been there for 30 days plus.

Pond fills again rinse and repeat. This is going on since the Equipment showed up close to 45 days but work didn’t start until the end of May.

At this point tho guy can’t be making any money with the way things have been going and the pump rental. I think he has other jobs but the trackhoe and pump have never left. He pays someone to watch the pump drain the pond for several hrs and the equipment operator shows up work a few hours in the afternoon then doesn’t show up for two days and it rains again. Not to mention the trackhoe leaks so much hydraulic fluid it kills every bit of grass it drives across.

He is also planning on piling all the mud up on the common area around the pond and letting it dry to then come and pick it up.

To top it off I told my wife his dumbass was going to fall into the dam pond with his trackhoe because he was so close to the edge trying to dig across the other side after he dug out the side he was on.

Add to the fee a very large wrecker to pull said dumbass out of pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods please move this to the campfire.

Comment

He should of left the back hoe in the pond and called it under water structure.... Sounds like that guy is way over his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        He should of left the back hoe in the pond and called it under water structure.... Sounds like that guy is way over his head.

One good thing was 4 16 to 17 year olds were out there catching all the big bass on shiners to transport to the other pond they dug out in our neighborhood. I was going to do something similar since I put 20 bass 2-4 lbs in that pond.

Comment

Sounds like lowest bid won.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Sounds to me like another case of paying HOA dues and getting nothing in return

Whoever is running tha HOA should be on top of this and never let it get to this point

Would not surprise me if the person doing the work is related or in some other way tied to someone making the decision on who to hire either

I would be beyond mad if that was all going on in my neighborhood

Comment

Doesn’t look that bad

Sorry David.....that really sucks and I’d be beyond livid too. Unfortunately, I feel the situation will be getting a lot worse before things get better

Comment

Having fun here too. City replacing 2 foot storm drains with 4 footers three blocks at a time. Takes over a month to do a section. Getting in and out is a pain.........

Comment

the millennials have joined the workforce

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post

[emoji23]

Comment

We millennials have been in the workforce for over 15 years.... there’s always been dumb *****es out there, has nothing to do with what years they were born.

Comment

Who taught those millennials? Who showed them what to do?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

For the record this guy is not a millennial but the guys sleeping in the trucks watching the pumps are.

Comment

HOA relative doing the work most likely

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              It’s quite obvious. Nobody

Comment

Working...
                              X