No announcement yet.

Deer have slowed down a little

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went from feeding a couple tons a month to nada! 4/5 pics a day now on cell cams which is pretty crazy

Comment

Deer have slowed for us too out in Eldorado

Comment

Deer have slowed in Eastland as well. Pigs are still going strong.

Comment

With all the acorns it seems like folks with feeders would appreciate the deer focusing on them rather than the feeders. This is another subject that comes up every year as well.

Comment

New growth due to rains, browse has their attention. Every year.

Comment

Our place has greened up a lot but the feeder activity hasn’t really slowed down. I think the cooler weather is encouraging them to move around a bit more. That 115 degree heat is just oppressive.

Comment

Same on our place near Brady, Texas. Still seeing a few does but the bucks have slowed down a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw my first hard horns last week,they r way off feed since the rain and the acorns started to fall,very small but numerous on the live oaks here in western Burnet county.Thank God for the precipitation.Its been a blessing.
                  Still need more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine are still there

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

PoPo and I were just talking about this a couple hours ago...I haven't had a buck on camera in 3 weeks

Comment

Finally some relief from them beings reliant on feed , it’s supposed to be a supplement hopefully new growth and supplements get the deer in better shape for rut and fawning season!
                        Alfalfa and hand corn !!!

Comment

All of the new growth following these rains will be like crack to the deer, and every other critter, after doing without any new growth for so long.... Corn is going to pile up... I've seen it a time or two..

Comment

I agree, acorns and rain have a lot to do with it. I also think last minute hunters filling feeders, mowing, and stinking the woods up this time of year has something to do with it, too. While doing work at my lease last month, I had a side by side and 4 wheeler pull up on me. They looked as surprised as I was. When I asked if I could help them, they replied they were out "exploring and looking for a cut through to a road." My stand isn't no where near a cut through. I got a pic last night of the a** end of a 4 wheeler at 21:48 on one of my stands... I guess someone else was out "exploring."

Comment

There’s been about 4” of rain dumped on a couple hundred acres of adjoining property that burned last month. Got a feeling deer will soon be piling in there to munch on the fresh green forbs that will soon be sprouting everywhere. They will prefer that to our corn and protein

Last edited by jerp; 09-03-2022, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Big slow down over the last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X