Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Highschool kids still buy Class Rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent seen any HS rings in a while. Seen a few College, but that's about it.

Comment

H.S.?
      Not unless he/ she really wants it for some reason.

Comment

By the time they are a year out of HS they will never wear it again

Comment

And have pride in something?! Hahahaah…

Comment

Got rings for 2 state track championships, skipped the high school ring.

Comment

Waste of money.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not nearly as popular with HS students as it was when I was a senior. When I was in school everyone pretty much bought a senior ring. Now very few kids buy them. You can't thump a fish on the top of the head with one anymore without getting booted out of school so what's the point?

Comment

Regret buying mine moons ago. No idea where it is.

I won't buy one for my kids

Comment

I was pretty excited to get my HS ring but by my second year in college it was put into my jewelry box. I still wear my Aggie Senior Ring and it has been many many years since I got it.

Comment

My son got one because his mom wanted him to have one.He's never worn it,and I guarantee you he has no idea where it's at.

Comment

Originally posted by jdogg76 View Post
                        We bought one for our son, the only time he put it on was for his senior pictures
                        That's the big sticking point with my wife. She said he might as well not even take senior pictures then.

Comment

It was a big deal in the mid 80s for my HS ....pretty much everybody wore them or gave them to their significant others to wear. That and letter jackets. At the time, my Dad and Mom still had theirs in their jewelry box and they wanted me to get one. I enjoyed wearing it for the two years because we had them customized with football and baseball numbers and positions etc etc. That all being said, I have it in my safe and haven't worn it since my first day in college. I'd agree with the waste of money now that I'm older and I spend my money, not my parents.. I don't see them around much so I'm guessing its gone the way of the dodo.

I got a college ring as well....spent a lot of my money on it with a diamond. Had it in my safe after 5 years of wear. Another waste of money looking back. Fortunately the price of gold has skyrocketed and I bought part of a **** nice gun with its melted value. It went from waste to investment in a simple decision of being tired of looking at it in my safe...

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                            Got rings for 2 state track championships, skipped the high school ring.
                            This, that got a decent chance of going to state in the next year or two in baseball. That's worth a ring.

Comment

My daughter is a Junior also and she could care less about a class ring. Matter of fact she didn't even bring the paperwork home and didn't attend the meeting to order one. My son got one 4 years ago, not that he wanted it, was more his mom.

Comment

i graduated in the 90's and never got one. i think i was the only one who didnt.

i never have worn rings on my hands, not even a wedding band.

Comment

Working...
                                X