Anyone have a SBR single shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m getting one of my contender frames SBRd so, as inspiration I’d like to see some fun toys!

I plan on threading my 300blk/44mag/35 rem/ and maybe my 30-30 and 357max barrels... oh and my 7-30waters.

Let’s see them if you got them!

It's not a SBR, but it's short, I don't think I would want it any shorter. It's got a 16.25" 445 Super Mag barrel on it. I am thinking it will make a great back pack gun. I got some 280 gr. Swift A frame loaded up for it. It should drop, anything that walks in North America. This weekend I am going to chronograph the new loads. Looks like it's going to be 31 gr. of H110, behind that 280 gr. bullet.

Short barreled, single shots, can be very short. I have laid it next to one of my 16" barreled ARs, it's quite a bit shorter than a 16" barreled AR, and a lot lighter.

Its hard to find a shorter lighter hunting rifle that can pack a healthy punch, than a 16" barreled Contender carbine. I keep missing out on buying Contender carbine 375 JDJ barrels. That's one Contender caliber I have not had, but have wanted for a long time. I have the 30-30 barrel and the 445 barrel for the Contender, the only other barrel I want is a 375 JDJ barrel, maybe a 6.5 JDJ barrel. Possibly a 16" 9mm, and a 16" 45 ACP barrel. If I do those, they will definitely be threaded.
    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 10-18-2021, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna sbr my single shot cva in 300blk but I haven't git around to it since I already have a 8inch 300blk SBR.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in the market for a .308 barrel to do this for my encore platform. Don't think I'm going to SBR it though and just stay at 16".

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
          I'm in the market for a .308 barrel to do this for my encore platform. Don't think I'm going to SBR it though and just stay at 16".

If you want to shoot 30 calibers subs use the 300 blackout instead of the 308. No need for all the case volume of a 308 for subs. And unless you have a custom barrel built, a 308 is likely going to be a 10 twist or slower. You’ll need an 8 twist or faster to shoot heavy subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            If you want to shoot 30 calibers subs use the 300 blackout instead of the 308. No need for all the case volume of a 308 for subs. And unless you have a custom barrel built, a 308 is likely going to be a 10 twist or slower. You’ll need an 8 twist or faster to shoot heavy subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Not necessarily intending to only shoot subs, I will shoot the heavier stuff though.

Comment

H&R .308 Cherakote

Comment

Just submitted my form 1 SBR on a contender frame and shipped out some barrels for threading can’t wait!

Plan on shooting subs 300blk and 44 mag or rather 44 special they should be stupid quiet!

Comment

Working...
                X