No announcement yet.

why doesnt anyone want to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's right the opposite for m friends wife. She worked at a hair salon the went under. She turned in apps to several places in the Wylie and Plano area and is not getting any responses from any of them.

Comment

"Help Wanted" signs all over Central Texas. Shameful.

Comment

Is texas still adding in the extra fed $$$$...thought that ended.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
          Im having the hardest time hiring help... seems like Ive had the ad out for 3 months now and 2 of the 3 applicants were no shows for interviews. Usually I have more apps than I can look at!

I am assuming the govt stimulus?
          My problem is, while being unemployed for 10 months and sending like 30-60 applications to jobs that say they are desperately needing employees. And saying they can’t find anyone to hire.
          Then I apply, I get no responses whatsoever, then a week or 2 later. They would send out a new application out saying they are desperately hiring and blah blah blah.
          So I would send out applications again, then no one contacts then it’s the same never ending cycle again.

To me, if they are so desperately needing people, at least put an effort to all the applications that get send out.

Like who knows how many people are actually applying to them, but the company most likely has a very picky way of selecting the right person.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
            I can show you how to turn $40 into $400.

Take $40 and fill up your gas tank and go to work and make $400.

$40 ain’t filling up a gas tank when Biden is President

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I’ve been hearing this from everyone, it’s especially noticeable in the food service industry. I have been super lucky with my employees loyalty, and I sure hope it continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the food service industry is really struggling. I used to raise heck when my burger came with mustard instead of mayo the way I ordered it or my fries were missing when I got home. Hell, now I don't even complain and actually applaud every young person I see working in these places. At least they got up and went to work that day. God bless em.

Unfortunately, a lot of these "entitled" young ME FIRST generation doesn't want the entry level jobs. They want to skip over those steps and start off on the 6 figure jobs their momma and daddy told them they deserve.
              Btw....I need weekends and holidays off and don't make me mad or I'll quit and sue you [emoji849]

Comment

Some employers, are just plain crazy on the low wage they are offering,
                $14 per hour might be a good wage for a entry level job , cost of living is hyper expensive
                Wage must equal that , you lowball that = less applicants

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                  Some employers, are just plain crazy on the low wage they are offering,
                  $14 per hour might be a good wage for a entry level job , cost of living is hyper expensive
                  Wage must equal that , you lowball that = less applicants
                  Yeah really, I’m still seeing companies saying they are paying $9 an hr, and still can’t find new employees.
                  I’m like well, now no one wants to work with $9 an hour. It’s almost impossible to live with that wage.

If you can’t afford to pay employees the wages anywhere above $14, then you got no business in running a company. With the way how the cost of living is much higher than it was 5 years ago.

Comment

I drove all over the state last weekend. Every business had a help wanted sign out front.

Comment

Help wanted signs everywhere. If you don’t have a job now, you don’t want one or you don’t need one.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        $40 ain’t filling up a gas tank when Biden is President
                        $62 for mine today, good thing I still had 1/4 tank

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
                          Yeah really, I’m still seeing companies saying they are paying $9 an hr, and still can’t find new employees.
                          I’m like well, now no one wants to work with $9 an hour. It’s almost impossible to live with that wage.

If you can’t afford to pay employees the wages anywhere above $14, then you got no business in running a company. With the way how the cost of living is much higher than it was 5 years ago.
                          Glad someone agrees.
                          The old school guys are generally not in touch with reality
                          I am 54 , and see guys complaining “ these kids now days just want to skip to the top” , well pay a skilled worker a 2021 wage not a 1995 wage .
                          I am talking about none fried chicken making jobs,
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-29-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working in the staffing industry it is one of the easiest times ever to acquire new clients because everyone is having trouble hiring but like said above with the amount people are making off unemployment most aren't gonna go to work for $9/hr anymore (Not saying I think that wage is bad just saying its gonna make it hard to acquire talent). Several of our clients have had to raise their pay so that we could start filling positions for them, others have eased their background check requirements. Our cost of marketing has increased because we are having to put forth a lot more effort to find people willing to work. I will say in the last couple months it has started to look a little better, once that unemployment/ stimulus money runs out people will be headed back to work hopefully the govt doesn't keep enabling them to stay home.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dusty Britches;15725004]It's pathetic. My parents and grandparents as well as my siblings and I would be completely embarrassed to take a dime from the government (aka my neighbor) to not work. I would rather clean porta cans than take money from the government, if I could work but couldn't find a job.

We need to end welfare for all able bodied people. Let them get hungry.[/QUOTE]

You couldn’t be more right!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                                People used to be embarrassed to be on unemployment. Today's day and age it is quite the contrary.
                                What? Guess you've never been on a TEC Turnaround during hunting season

Couldn't do it now......but 25 years ago.....hail ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X