Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
    And they carry vibrio in those 40’ long tentacles
    And I’ve been told that they have Aides and Herpes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      And I’ve been told that they have Aides and Herpes.
      Daaang Terry did you fall off of yer bucket?

Comment

Daaang Terry did you fall off of yer bucket?
        No. Just a long time illness I received from stepping on a Zombie Crab wading Matty years ago. I still say things that make no sense to me or anyone else.

Comment

You guys joke about those Man O Wars. Was wading like an idiot with no shirt on in chest deep water and had one get on my hip area. I wear a shirt now in ankle deep water

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            You guys joke about those Man O Wars. Was wading like an idiot with no shirt on in chest deep water and had one get on my hip area. I wear a shirt now in ankle deep water
            Oh they're no joke for sure!! I used to keep a pair of bluejeans in my truck and in the front compartment of my boat... If I was headed out wade fishing, especially in the surf and saw those little blue flat balloons laying around on the beach, I'd go put on those bluejeans... To this day I have a small jar of Adolf's Meat Tenderizer in my old tacklebox too!!
            They never kept me out of the water though, but once... Was at Pass Cavallo years ago and the tide was coming in... The beach was literally covered in those suckers... I decided to stay on the bay side and fish out the boat that day!!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              I was fishing some hard slapping surf and I got hit in the face with one that was in a wave and it wrapped all around me! I was at the third bar so it was a hard haul to get back in. It felt like I had fire all over me with razor blades ripping me apart! There were other people wading and they followed me back in and one of them had meat tenderizer . I purchased two big containers of it and put one in my tackle box and one in my boat!

I wear coveralls with long sleeves now lol

Comment

I was fishing some hard slapping surf and I got hit in the face with one that was in a wave and it wrapped all around me! I was at the third bar so it was a hard haul to get back in. It felt like I had fire all over me with razor blades ripping me apart! There were other people wading and they followed me back in and one of them had meat tenderizer . I purchased two big containers of it and put one in my tackle box and one in my boat!

I wear coveralls with long sleeves now lol
                Yep I have one of those tee shirts as well. Wading a gut at Bird Island with a ripping tide and caught one square in the chest with no shirt on. I had never know pain like that at my young age.

Comment

Gentlemen, when studying the surf am I reading the first sand bar or the second?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

The second set of breakers is the second bar.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                      Gentlemen, when studying the surf am I reading the first sand bar or the second?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
                      Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      The second set of breakers is the second bar.
                      Looks to me like shore break, wade gut, 1st bar in that pic. JMO

Comment

Sometimes on a low tide the 1st bar ain't but 10 feet off the beach. In that pic, the second set of breakers could be the 3rd or even the 1st

Either way it's not hard to figure out once you start walking out

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s a pretty good drone pic of the surf, you can see the bars
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wade gut
                            First gut
                            Second gut
                            Third gut and beyond

Comment

Originally posted by Texashookset View Post
                              Wade gut
                              First gut
                              Second gut
                              Third gut and beyond
                              This might get a little hard to pull off unless your Wilt Chaimberlin. If I’m reading this properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigkilln View Post
                                Here’s a pretty good drone pic of the surf, you can see the bars
                                Awesome drone pic. Makes me shakey wanting to go

Comment

Working...
                                X