Austin area folks…….beware of Christian brothers automotive shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin area folks…….beware of Christian brothers automotive shop

They tried to screw me this past week. Never used them before and certainly will never use them after this experience. Long story short, had my truck towed to them with oil pressure gauge reading 0. Three days later they said the diagnosis was it needed a new engine and it would be 10,200 bucks. I trailered it home and on the advice of a real mechanic I replaced the sending unit. $100 for part and tools later it has perfect oil pressure and I have drives it 200 miles just to be sure. They lied, it’s that

I have heard those same stories about them in the past.

Comment

I think they are individually owned. With that said I got a quote from them once and never went back at their hutto location.

Comment

Apparently they have locations nation wide. I had no idea to be honest. My experience was at the Cedar Park location.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. They just built 3 locations near my house and have been considering using them after NTB almost destroyed my truck last month with a simple brake rotor replacement job.

Comment

Wow, that’s crazy

Comment

I’ve only heard one or two things about them and it’s always “ripoff”.

Comment

Woodlands location was like that. Not sure if still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Thanks for letting me know. They just built 3 locations near my house and have been considering using them after NTB almost destroyed my truck last month with a simple brake rotor replacement job.
                  I’m getting the impression these type places are glorified oil and filter change places. They charge $135 for a “ diagnosis “ so they made their profit before any work is discussed.

Comment

that happened to me at a chevy place in Corpus about 10 years ago

Comment

Wouldn’t let them work on my bicycle!! Place is a ripoff !

Comment

Christian brothers automotive shop. real bad juju for sure.

Comment

My son made the mistake a few years ago taking his truck to them due to the check engine light so he could get an inspection. They ran a list of problems to the tune of $1100.00 and guaranteed he would pass inspection. Picked the truck up, 50 miles later check engine light back on. Went back and they wanted another $900. He argued with them and went to a real mechanic that took care of the issue for $400. Went home and wrote a crappy review with the whole experience. Ten minutes later they called him and offered him all of his money back if he would take the review down, he said after he got his money back he would. The check cleared.

Comment

Wow, that's horrible. I've been to the Plano location several times. They're expensive for sure, but have always been honest, easy to work with, and seem to do good work.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              They tried to screw me this past week. Never used them before and certainly will never use them after this experience. Long story short, had my truck towed to them with oil pressure gauge reading 0. Three days later they said the diagnosis was it needed a new engine and it would be 10,200 bucks. I trailered it home and on the advice of a real mechanic I replaced the sending unit. $100 for part and tools later it has perfect oil pressure and I have drives it 200 miles just to be sure. They lied, it’s that
                              I've heard nothing but bad things about them.

Quality auto care in Leander has been very good to me in the past. Steve Neff owner/operator.

Always been honest and helpful. He's had a run of health issues of late. Not sure of his schedule now adays. But an honest guy. Off of east Newhope in Leander.

Comment

Working...
                              X