Inside the blind rifle rest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside the blind rifle rest...

While at the range this weekend my wife said she feels very stable shooting off the bags and wanted to know about a similar set up for the blind. She particularly likes the rear bag support. I've seen some hunting shows that have what looks like tripod set ups with rifle rests.

Anyone use one for their kids or spouse? What brand? How well does it fit in the blind?

Check here! This is where I get all my shooting bags. Good stuff.

The original source of leather sandbag rifle and pistol rests made in USA since 1938. Offering top grain leather shooting bags and rests for hunting, benchrest competition and long range shooting. Also manufacturing aluminum shooting rests, leather accessories, trap/skeet bags and rifle slings.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
      Check here! This is where I get all my shooting bags. Good stuff.

https://protektormodel.com/
      Thanks, but what I'm looking for either sits on a tripod or bolts to the blind frame I think.

Comment

Over the last few years, I’ve really liked using a barricade bag over the window of the blind. It takes a little practice to find the balance point and getting stable, but it’s great once you find that spot. If I feel I need to get even more stable, I’ll put my backpack in my lap and use it as another point of contact towards the rear of the rifle. Just throwing it out as an option that’s more compact than a tripod with a rifle rest on it.

Barricade bags:
        Armageddon gear game changer
        Wiebad fortune cookie
        Black branch gecko II

Comment

Final Rest Shooting Systems are on the cutting edge of gun and crossbow shooting rest technology. We offer versatile shooting rest platforms for any hunting situation whether it be hunting from a box blind, a ladder stand, or from a popup blind.

Try here.

Here is a video [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nk_czOvN30"]Final Rest Shooting Systems - Amazing Shooting Rest Technology - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I used the Caldwell dead shot field pods for a long time and they work great... IF you have enough room in the blind for them... I have moved to a carbon fiber tripod with a rifle mount so my rifle essentially sits on a tripod just like a video camera. It is actually more stable than the Caldwell field pod and takes up a lot less room, plus it's a lot less cumbersome to transport to the blind if you are walking in... I use it for my 8 and 10 year old grandsons and they've been dead nuts with both systems so far.

Comment

Primos tripod trigger sticks in the rear. Use whatever on the window. Or set up a good tripod with a pig saddle

Comment

Shooting rest

I make this one out of aluminum. It sits on the window ledge and has a height adjustment screw. I use two small sand bags that makes a rock solid rest.I sell them for $80 plus shipping. I will try to attach a picture of it sitting on the blind window. Look in the DIY section for my post on this rest. PM me your cell number and I will send you some pictures.

Comment

I have one of these and absolutely love it. Small enough to use in a regular popup with me and my son and steady enough to shoot 180 yds down my shooting lane. Fold up small to pack in and out. Found mine at Academy last year on sale $89

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have exactly what you are looking for.

Text me at 7 1 3 5 4 5 1 0 5 5

I dont sell them but can share pics / dimensions.

Comment

I use a hog saddle with a ball head. You can narrow up the stance to make room, and it's as close to bags as possible. Very stable and steady. Love it
                      Attached Files

Comment

This is what I got for my wife. She’s a short thing so shooting out of the chair was awkward for her. So we got this on Amazon for about $90.00. Works good in a 4X6 blind.
                        Attached Files

Comment

We just use a small window bag on the front and then a bog pod bipod on the rear part of the rifle. Very stable.
                          I think it is better farther back, though, as seen in the picture with my son.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20171210_081702.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	24665054

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180113_101506.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	24665055

Comment

This is the direction I'm leaning at this point. There's not a lot of room in the blind and this looks more compact.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Primos tripod trigger sticks in the rear. Use whatever on the window. Or set up a good tripod with a pig saddle
                              ^This. I use a Trigger stick bipod in the rear and a bag on the window sill. Or sometimes no bag on the window and just use the sling as a pad in the front so the rifle isn't directly on the window frame

Comment

Working...
                              X