Pulled the plane out to scout for deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the plane out to scout for deer

Well, priority was to check waters and look for coyote kills but I got my rear up early for a change and was in the air by 7am. Deer were EVERYWHERE. Despite the greenery, they were hitting feeders. You could see the velvet a mile away. With the spring rains it should be a good season for Tom Green and Irion Co.

The bug hit a few weeks ago but today it got real. The season is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty neat! I saw a helicopter flying over our place out around tres amigos in Water valley this past weekend.

Comment

You got a frigging plane! That’s cool as heck!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        You got a frigging plane! That’s cool as heck!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s my family’s plane, I just fly it. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
          OPP is the best kind.

Comment

Then it's your plane! Is it a Super Cub? Looks like it's got flaps and I don't remember the one I use to fly back in the late 60's having flaps.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
              OPP is the best kind.

Yep, I’m down with OPP! #blessed.

Comment

Yep, I’m down with OPP! #blessed.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                  Then it's your plane! Is it a Super Cub? Looks like it's got flaps and I don't remember the one I use to fly back in the late 60's having flaps.

I learned to fly in a 1950 Supercub. It had 45’ and 85’ degree flaps plus an after market 10’ notch of flaps.

I think some of the pre-1950’s were like 115hp and didn’t have flaps kind of like an Aeronica Chief if I’m not mistaken.

This is a Cub Crafters Top Cub 180hp and has the same flaps that we had on the 1950. This company essentially bought the Cub Aircraft line.

Comment

Been flying my drone around in the mornings scouting deer. Pretty cool flying over areas over a quarter of a mile away looking at deer grazing. Chased a boar hog with it the other day. Need a plane though!

Comment

That’s hard to beat.

Comment

We scouted with planes in the Everglades for deer and ducks and used them to scout for tarpon and reds in Florida bay, back in the 60s and 70s. Mostly, used J3s and small Cessna’s. It was a blast seeing the bucks in the sawgrass.
                        Be safe!

Comment

I learned to fly in a 1950 Supercub. It had 45’ and 85’ degree flaps plus an after market 10’ notch of flaps.

I think some of the pre-1950’s were like 115hp and didn’t have flaps kind of like an Aeronica Chief if I’m not mistaken.

This is a Cub Crafters Top Cub 180hp and has the same flaps that we had on the 1950. This company essentially bought the Cub Aircraft line.

Wow, 180 HP tied to that airframe! That would be so cool to fly. Short field take off and landing, decent cruising speed too I would imagine. Don't know what model I flew, but I'm almost sure it was a 4 cylinder 108HP Lycoming. Doesn't it have a bigger backseat in it that were in the standard Cubs?

Comment

kinda wished this thread had way more pics. royal let down - snoreeee

Comment

Everyone else - what kind of game camera do I need?
                              Jmh- an airplane
                              Hard flex bud lol

Comment

Working...
                              X