Brushy Hill Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hill Success

My group of 7 hunted the Hog Heaven South pasture from Thursday December 19th - Tuesday December 24th. The first 2.5 days were very hot and deer activity was minimal. One of our hunters did lay eyes on two solid shooters on the second day. Once the temps dropped, deer movement picked up a little. We ended up finishing with two bucks, and another that was shot but not recovered. I took a solid 8 that we had pics of from the year before, and my friend shot an old salty 9 point.

The hunting there, as usual, was tough but fun at the same time. The deer are pressured, so you have to be on your game if you want a chance to connect with a good buck. Last year was our first time to hunt Brushy Hills, and my wife took a 10 point, which was her first deer ever.

Below are some photos from the trip. All in all, we had a wonderful time!

The trailcam pic is from our trip last year. After looking at it once we got home, we realized that it is the 8 I shot this year. I have 7 pics of him from last year, and every aspect of his rack matches, but he has lost a few inches since last year.
    Attached Files

Congrats,Tough hunt to say the least.

Comment

Congrats on the nice bucks!!!! I'm headed down there to hunt Jan 1-4.

Comment

Awesome both great bucks congrats

Comment

congrats that's a great buck for that place

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats , great buck!

Comment

Where did u kill him? Near a feeder, corn rt or just a hand corned trail?

Comment

Nice deer

Comment

Nice!

Congratulations!

Comment

Got him in the back of field behind a tank. Several trails came together there with plenty of scrapes and runs. I spread some hand corn several dad in a row. Saw at least two bucks each evening sit at that spot. Found a tree just large enough to put a lockon stand about 9 feet up. There was a feeder about 250 yards away.

Comment

Great deer! Congrats to you guys

Comment

Good looking 8 and 9. I spent many an hour in that Hog Heaven and Big pasture in the early years of Brushy Hills. Pete is good people.

Rwc

Comment

Great deer, congrats.

Comment

Great Deer! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X