Brushy Hills Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hills Ranch

Looking to book a hunt down there and was wondering what would be the best time of the season to book where the deer will be the most predictable? I have never hunted out that way and trying to get some input on the ranch and the area. Thinking about late Oct. or early Nov.? Thinking that before the rut they would be a little easier to get a shot at.

If you're trying to go during that part of season see if the river pasture is available

Comment

On second thought, PM Nick ( Horitexan ) he is the head guide at BH. He will definitely be willing to point you in the right direction. Good luck !

Comment

I got a hunt booked for the River pasture for the first of dec. I have hunted there a couple of time and missed one of the biggest deer I've seen while bow hunting and its was on the Kreager pasture. Great place wand great people.

Comment

FruitCity did you have Nick set your stands for you?

Comment

No I like setting my own stands to me that's half the fun. Usually I bring a Tri pod, this year I'm bringing a hang own and pop-up. I do know if u use a pop up to brush it in well the deer a very wise when it comes to a pop up. My cousin had a 10 point two years ago stay about 60 yards out from his pop up and we thought it was brushed in pretty good.

Comment

How many days do you normally book?

Comment

We usually leave on thur and return on sun

Comment

ok thanks. I have never hunted down that way, I would guess you see a lot of game?

Comment

Have always seen deer and hogs sometimes not in range but always see animals. If you have never hunt that area get ready cause its addicting, love South Texas.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

has anyone hunted there in January?

Comment

Brushy Hill

I have hunted the Kreagor,Will Rehm,Hog North and the Waver Tree. My Fravorite would Will Rehm and Waver Tree.We have hunted November,December and Janurary.I would go late November or December if you can book it then. A short tri pod will work but brush in very well.If you use a pop up make sure you brush it in really well. Cover it with brush completly. Cut brush away from your set up. The deer will see fresh cut limbs and go around you. The smaller the shooting hole the better. Or you can have Nick set you up.The deer are super smart but you can see a lot of deer if you do everything right.If you put out corn use as little as possible. We would take a small ziploc bag and only use half a bag at a time.Corn route you will see deer but i always tried to hunt trails off corn route and feeders.Hope this has helped. If you have any question feel free to ask or pm me. Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks DWS. Trying to see what my schedule is going to be this season. May not get to go till late and was wondering what to do. Planning on having Nick set me up since I will only be there 2 or 3 days and not a lot of time to scout.

Comment

Since I struck out on the chapp draw I will be trying to go in early jan.

Comment

Working...
                              X