No announcement yet.

Is there a "need" for a 3.5" shotgun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 3/4” boss shells will fold em up just as good as 3.5s. No need with the advancement of bismuth technology. It literally is like the old days of shooting lead.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
      3.5” - biggest hunting scam since Ozonics.
      And mechanical broadheads

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        Yeah, bad thing about the 12 ga 3.5s is that it made it harder to find 10 ga ammo
        Last time I was at Scheels they had alot of 10 ga. ammo which was about the only place I've seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
          2 3/4” boss shells will fold em up just as good as 3.5s. No need with the advancement of bismuth technology. It literally is like the old days of shooting lead.
          I use the 3 inch BOSS with a 3/5 mix shot. We field hunt and get geese and ducks and many times the snows aren't in your face shots...some days all geese, some days all ducks and some days a mix

Comment

I will say one huge advantage of the waterfowl 3.5 shotguns to replicate the 10 ga. performance is the inertia/kickoff technology of today vs a 10 ga marlin bolt goose gun or a 10 ga bps pounding your shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
              I will say one huge advantage of the waterfowl 3.5 shotguns to replicate the 10 ga. performance is the inertia/kickoff technology of today vs a 10 ga marlin bolt goose gun or a 10 ga bps pounding your shoulder.
              My BPS 10 is heavy and doesn't pound me any more than my 12 gauge. My 12 gauge OU kicks harder than my 10ga

Comment

the good thing about a 3.5 chamber is that you can shoot what ever you want,, not so with a 2.75 or 3". you will also never "wish" you had bought a 3.5", because you will have it if you ever feel the need for it,,,, with ammo being like it is who knows how much better it will get or worse? the 3.5 chamber makes a lot of sense, even if you don't "need" it right now ......

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                  Yeah, but mine is an auto.

Comment

I appreciate all the responses.

Comment

I shoot 3” shells through a 3.5” gun. The reason why I have a 3.5 is because it can cycle anything. Drop your steel shot in the water, leave them at home, whatever the reason it doesn’t matter you can borrow your buddies shells or find whatever may be available at the local sporting goods store. As long as it’s 12ga then my gun will shoot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 3.5" 12 gauge came out in the early days of steel to try to make up for the lack of shot. The 3.5 12ga is a compromise between a 12 and a 10. With modern shells, a 3" is more than enough to kill anything in reasonable range. The few extra pellets mean nothing if you can't put them where they need to be. There is the benefit of being able to shoot any 12ga, but Imo the added cost and recoil isn't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                          the good thing about a 3.5 chamber is that you can shoot what ever you want,, not so with a 2.75 or 3". you will also never "wish" you had bought a 3.5", because you will have it if you ever feel the need for it,,,, with ammo being like it is who knows how much better it will get or worse? the 3.5 chamber makes a lot of sense, even if you don't "need" it right now ......
                          This. You don’t have to load 3.5’s but it is nice for Sandhills and larger birds. 3.5 00 is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            Yeah, but mine is an auto.
                            Oh, I didn't know there were auto 10's

Comment

They don't sell a 4" shell

Comment

Lmao!

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                                3.5” - biggest hunting scam since Ozonics.
                                Lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X