No announcement yet.

Ammo Shortage Update Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atwoods in Greenville had alot of ammo including shotgun shells, no steel though

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
      Scheels in The Colony had a pretty good selection of most hunting calibers when I was in there last week. Cabelas and Bass Pro are the same as Academy, tons of .308 and .223 and literally nothing else. I guess the manufacturer’s figured they needed to make sure all the morons who are stockpiling ammo for the end times get taken care of before the people who actually use guns for hunting.
      Those who are stock piling ammo will pay double for it. Academy in Round Rock had a lot of 308 and 223 today but I did see some 30-06 on the shelf today.

Comment

I'm begining to think they quit making 22-250, .243, 25-06, 7mm08, 30-06, .270, 30/30 and .44mag!!!!
        I go a lot of places looking and still find 0.....
        I have never been so glad that I stocked up on Handloading components after Barry Hussein as I am now..
        Last edited by PondPopper; 11-05-2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I think it's simply the demand. How many rounds of 30-06 do yall go through? Before I bought a new hunting rifle last year (two actually) I shot the same rifle for 29 years, and I was still using the same box of 20 rounds I had after sighting it in. In that same amount of time I've probably shot 2k or so 223/5.56. Hunting calibers just don't get shot as much as plinking/fun calibers so when the shortage hits the manufacturers are naturally gonna spit out what's most in demand.

Comment

Noticing a very slight increase on shelf ammo. Saw some dove 12 ga and 3” steel just yesterday at academy. Few .243 finally. Still on the lookout for 30-06.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              I'm begining to think they quit making 22-250, .243, 25-06, 7mm08, 30-06, .270, 30/30 and .44mag!!!!
              I have never been so glad that I stocked up on Handloading components after Barry Hussein as I am now..

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                I think it's simply the demand. How many rounds of 30-06 do yall go through? Before I bought a new hunting rifle last year (two actually) I shot the same rifle for 29 years, and I was still using the same box of 20 rounds I had after sighting it in. In that same amount of time I've probably shot 2k or so 223/5.56. Hunting calibers just don't get shot as much as plinking/fun calibers so when the shortage hits the manufacturers are naturally gonna spit out what's most in demand.
                Multiple boxes a year for me on both the .300wm and the .22-250. I like to shoot and we kill lots of does/pigs/varmints every year. Just starting to play with the long range stuff too (the 300wm is an APR) and it’s addicting. I wish I could get the ammo I want. I need Barnes LRX 190gr and I would pay $100 a box at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  If a USA company will not produce some ammunition in my calibers , fiocchi , PPU , Sellier & Bellot , Norma. Are producing it and will fill the gap, these are quality products not hampered in production by Brandon/ OSHA

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    I always laughed that the "buy so and so because you can go into any feed store and can buy a box of ammo" arguments. This shortage did prove to me why owning .22lr, .223, .308, 9mm, and 12ga are good.
                    why i'm getting a 308 for most hunting here, and save my 7mm for elk ect.

BTW, not hunting calibers per say but have heard that Palmetto state armory is tooling up to make 7.62 calibers
                    Last edited by Mission408; 11-05-2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                      Multiple boxes a year for me on both the .300wm and the .22-250. I like to shoot and we kill lots of does/pigs/varmints every year. Just starting to play with the long range stuff too (the 300wm is an APR) and it’s addicting. I wish I could get the ammo I want. I need Barnes LRX 190gr and I would pay $100 a box at this point.
                      Yeah I can’t find the Barnes LRX 190 gr either. I wonder if they make it or just 100% on TSX and TTSX.

Comment

Got email from midway that they got a delivery for some ammunition I had on wishlist
                        Y’all might check them

I made the mistake of using ammoseek and paid x2
                        Price of impatience
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-06-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Has anyone seen federal fusion 200 grain 35 whelen?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            I shopped 3 Academys between Friday and Saturday. They were loaded up. One had 30-06, 243, and 300WM. Most all were loaded with 22, 17, 223,556, 308, 40, 45, 9mm, 380, and lots more. Friday, the boy that keeps the ammo stocked at my local store told me that Corporate said they would be getting a truck every weekday with ammo on it, till the end of Nov. They didn't say what kind, just that all the stores will get it. Friday night's truck will be on the shelves Saturday mornings. But there was a lot on the shelves Friday evening when I went.
                            I picked up a 200 round box of 380 for the brass. And 3 boxes of Critical Defense at one store. And some Win 380 at another that had the other two also.
                            I stopped by my local store again today. A different attendant gave me the same song and dance. Lot more steel shot on the shelves this time. Lots of pistol ammo, and everything mentioned above.

Comment

the ammo is being produced by popularity ,, which is why .308 and .223 are pretty easy to find,,, just like 9mm and .22 lr are,,, for what it's worth i was in Oasis in Uvalde yesterday and they had .223 , and .308 and even some 7mm08, lots of other stuff but i was not really looking to buy any thing,,,

Comment

I wanted to buy a Tikka in 7mm-08 but I havent been able to find one. I guess it is just as well since I can’t find any ammo either. I wanted to add a new caliber to the safe since my son has moved up to and loves the 308 I used to hunt with but I may just have to buy another 308 to hunt with.

6.5 CM ammo has been available at the store close to my house lately but I don’t own one.
                                Last edited by Cantcatch5; 11-07-2021, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X