• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
    UT Austin ranked #16 nationally for their Law School
    TAMU ranked #53
    TTU ranked #102

source: https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate...rankings/texas
    Yea, I get that, but there’s NO WAY I’d send her to Austin. Even if it was free.

Comment

Yea, I get that, but there’s NO WAY I’d send her to Austin. Even if it was free.[/QUOTE]

Precisely

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
        Yea, I get that, but there’s NO WAY I’d send her to Austin. Even if it was free.
        Smart man!! lol I have no doubt you 2 will make a good decision.

Comment

Law
          When my son was looking at colleges he was torn between becoming a lawyer and going into business focusing on supply chain and logistics. Anyway, reached out to a young man I have known for years that graduated from A&M and then went to Law School at SMU. He told me he thought he wanted to be a lawyer but didn't want to be pigeonholed, so that is why he got his business degree first and then his law degree so he would have more options and it has done him very well!

I having just done this 2 years ago, and we told our son he could go anywhere he wanted, I would tell you to let him decide after he visits. He will pick the one that is best for HIM...... and it will all work out.

Good luck!

Comment

A&M, the network after school is crazy. I lived in college station for a short stint and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I don’t have much experience with tech as I was only on the campus a few times, but for me it’s a no brainer, TAMU.

Comment

not sure where all these cult comments come from...

that dude at the 13:45 mark...wow.

Comment

I am a Tech alum, so take this with a grain of salt. TAMU is a great school, with great traditions and probably the number one school in the state if you are going into engineering or petroleum. Tech is a great school with a little less history, but a well rounded education and a great college experience that isn't borderline cultish. The scenery in Lubbock is beautiful if we are talking about girls and not the landscape...

Comment

TTU and A&M are a couple of the main schools schools attended in the line of work I am in. Both are good schools and both, I am sure, will get someone somewhere in life. That being said I am a firm believer in your work ethic and your personality/character taking you further than the school name on your degree. I didn't graduate from either school. In my experience through getting my B.S. and M.S. and in my career I have dealt with and worked with many people that have graduated from both. I have encountered more graduates from TTU that were more pleasant, easier to work with, and easier to get along with than A&M graduates. I have also encountered some ethical issues with A&M graduates in my career. That may just be my own run of bad luck but that is just my individual experience. I have also met more graduates from TTU that were self-made people versus more graduates from A&M that were much more dependent on their parents and grandparents well into their adult life. I have also seen more TTU graduates that were able to obtain substantial careers outside of their degree or field than A&M graduates.
                  Last edited by DuramaxDude; 10-12-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    not sure where all these cult comments come from...

that dude at the 13:45 mark...wow.
                    lol....

But it's rich tradition.

Comment

Law
                      This is why our choices were between TTU and Arkansas, better acceptance rates to law school and both law schools are at the campus where T A&M is in Ft. Worth which translates to more expensive non student housing. Our son is planning on being Navy attorney and is a finance major. Friend of mine his son went to OU and didn't get into their law school due to large numbers of applicants and ended up at OCU law in OKC. This is why we immediately didn't consider UT or OU.

Comment

Going to Texas A&M was one of the best decisions of my life.

Comment

Had Daughters that went to both, A&M defendant less conservative than Tech. But hard to beat that Ring. Both are excellent choices and the top 2 State U's in the TX

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post

Your statement is telling, ridiculous, and baseless. Implying that someone is not a hard worker simply because they are associated with a particular university is laughable at best.

Did you read the prior "pro A&M" posts before commenting or just found the one that struck a nerve? I think that sums up that what I said is spot on. Maybe I have too much pride but I'm a guy that leans on hard work and experience more than the university I graduated from.

Comment

Texas A&M has a law school in Fort Worth now. They took over Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in 2013.

Comment

I’m a Tech grad. All of my kids have graduated or are still in school at A&M. It was a better choice for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X