No announcement yet.

Somerville 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the long way round and it's thick nasty walking. Try not to sweat too much. Saddle up and shoot straight.

I found 2 good bucks last week. Hopefully my strategy gets me on their bed path or at least provides info on next game plan.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
      Taking the long way round and it's thick nasty walking. Try not to sweat too much. Saddle up and shoot straight.

I found 2 good bucks last week. Hopefully my strategy gets me on their bed path or at least provides info on next game plan.

Well we’re only allowed on buck so once you shoot one go ahead and push the other one my way since the ones I’ve been watching have all disappeared. Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck this weekend. Plan on getting out there Monday after working this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
          Good luck this weekend. Plan on getting out there Monday after working this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Thank you sir. I’ll make sure to save some for ya. Lol!! You’ll be getting out there after the rain has passed. Hopefully there’s lots of critters moving by then.

Comment

Looking at the most recent forecasts, tomorrow mornings not looking too bad. But I’ll be watching all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretengineer View Post
              Looking at the most recent forecasts, tomorrow mornings not looking too bad. But I’ll be watching all night.

Just saw that. Fingers crossed that trend continues.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                Just saw that. Fingers crossed that trend continues.

Idk man mid 70s gonna mean humid no wind.. I think I'd almost prefer rain

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                  Idk man mid 70s gonna mean humid no wind.. I think I'd almost prefer rain

Guess that’s true. A little more wind wouldn’t hurt either. Those low 3-5 mph winds out there always swirl more.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                    Guess that’s true. A little more wind wouldn’t hurt either. Those low 3-5 mph winds out there always swirl more.

I'm just hoping the creek I cross creek isn't holding water and if it is its not over my boots and that this rain knocked off the pollen to the ragweed lol outside of that I'm ready for it lol

Comment

I'm just hoping the creek I cross creek isn't holding water and if it is its not over my boots and that this rain knocked off the pollen to the ragweed lol outside of that I'm ready for it lol

Never know about any of the drainages in that whole place. There’s been so many beavers out there making ****s you could be waist deep in one spot then ankle deep in another. Some hold water and some drain off quick. It’s crazy.

Comment

Anyone wanna play the how many idiots ruin our hunts game???? Or the how many vehicles are there game??? Lol

Comment

Anyone wanna play the how many idiots ruin our hunts game???? Or the how many vehicles are there game??? Lol

I already set trip wires two weeks ago. Lol!!Everybody should keep count of how many other hunters they encounter or see walking around there. Tomorrow I’m betting it’ll be close to zero. Sunday may be a different story though.

FYI for anybody parking on the side of the road, I went out scouting about a month ago and got one of those orange tow stickers on my window. I called the sheriffs office and was told they will be doing that for vehicles on the side of the road unless you call ahead of time and give them your vehicle description along with your purpose for being parked there.

Guess #1
                          Tomorrow= 0 hunters, 0 vehicles
                          Sunday= 3 hunters, 5 vehicles

Comment

Last year I wasn’t as far off the beaten path and had a couple roaming crossbow hunters come by, so we’ll see if I’m far enough out now. I’m just curious, but has anyone heard of success walking around with a crossbow?

Comment

Oh yeah, the spot and stalk game within 100yds of a road is amazing! Guaranteed to see whitetails...

Comment

Originally posted by Pretengineer View Post
                                Last year I wasn’t as far off the beaten path and had a couple roaming crossbow hunters come by, so we’ll see if I’m far enough out now. I’m just curious, but has anyone heard of success walking around with a crossbow?

No its a joke the underbrush is beyond bad out there weeds taller than me I'm 6'3 there weekend warriors.... I know for 1 thing I'll be walking right under someone stand they put on a creek I walk past in a heck of a spot we had a stand there few yrs back

Comment

Working...
                                X