No announcement yet.

Supply chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only time I have laughed all day was when someone said jocks and hard job……….sorry, I am 16 in my mind

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
        Yes, Glyphosphate (Round Up) is No Where to Be found right now for farmers and ranchers.
        Round Up may be removed from the market entirely due to a court ruling on a cancer case.

Comment

Oil is projected to improve. Fingers crossed it returns some stability to the market and improves supply chain woes.

Comment

And now this.

Comment

Restaurant biz and every week my suppliers are out of something and it’s getting more and more frequent and expanding to more items each week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

it seems to be hitting wider and deeper than ever before.
                my company makes Industrial 3D printers and we typically see a lot of interest due to helping larger companies control some of their supply chain for parts and tools. but the recent trade show had a very high volume of smaller to mid sized manufacturers and specialty companies (pool maintenance supply, hot tubs, smaller oil driller, etc...) looking to use additive manufacturing, 3D printing, to try and address their supply chain shortages. no shortage of creativity out there to address the supply chain problems that don't seem to be going away anytime soon.

Comment

Don’t kid yourselves for a second, this not a COVID problem, it’s a government handout problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                    Yes, Glyphosphate (Round Up) is No Where to Be found right now for farmers and ranchers.
                    I didn't know there was and just looked online, that's not good at all.

Comment

I haven't been plagued by any one particular thing, but on a given day we struggle to get certain things that were once always available. I do resi HVAC, plumbing, electrical.
                      certain parts of the country are struggling badly with HVAC equipment availability. Luckily my company hasn't had this issue. One day it was white light switches, another it was 50a breakers, now it's certain sizes of flex duct. I have a feeling its going to get really crazy.

Comment

Yes it is a daily struggle for us with getting equipment and certain materials. When it is available, prices are higher. I can't keep up with updating the price increases on our price lists for our quoting software. Our margins are down because it's taking way longer to complete projects and the shortages don't seem to be getting much better.

Comment

Machine lead-times have stretched out to the end of the first quarter of 2022.

It’s not the factories that are the issue, it’s the sub assemblies that are the issue.

Containers are going for $30k per container and the end user pays for that added cost. The ports are a cluster!

Comment

I was in a truck stop last week and there wasn’t a Diet Coke of any shape to be found, bottled or fountain. I was in a Walmart today and they had five 2 liter bottles of Diet Coke in the whole store. Every where I go there are shelves empty of a certain product.

Comment

I’m dealing with it daily in the medical device industries. Vendors can’t get the parts to build their devices, so I can’t put their devices in mine. And everything had been certified and it’s not a simple change. Getting to be a suck fest.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                It's scary how fragile the international supply chain is. When working well it is the engine of the worldwide economy and is responsible for tremendous growth. We are now finding out the ripple effect when it goes haywire...
                                Fragile is a bit subjective being that the “experts” took a sledgehammer to it and then set it on fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X