No announcement yet.

Lumber prices are falling fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a lot of pent up demand out there right now waiting for lumber to fall.
    When it does drop, developers are going to green light a bunch of multifamily jobs and the market will shoot up again.
    Ever since the freeze vinyl products have been going up, CPVC, window frames, etrc. Copper and sheetrock are also up

Comment

It’s a commodity that can be manipulated like any other market is my belief

Comment

OK...Does this mean that builders who paid high prices for lumber, during the increase will keep those resale prices high because they paid high and need to get their money back?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
          OK...Does this mean that builders who paid high prices for lumber, during the increase will keep those resale prices high because they paid high and need to get their money back?
          Well of course why wouldn't they.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Up here, Lowes, menards, home depot are overflowing with stock..
            I need a pallet of 7/16 osb.. wont buy it till its under $10 per sheet.
            High was $54.. now $51.
            I bought 1000s of feet of 12-2 at $264 per 1000 and 14-2 at $182 per 1000, wont need any wire for a long time, certainly long enough to get thru this disaster.
            High here for 12-2 was $893.72 per 1000.
            Its now $675..
            Hit a deal last Jan and bought a 5000ft reel of 8-3wg, 90c insulation, rated sunlight resist and direct burial,.. gave $850.. its worth about $15k today..lol
            I wont ever need to buy wire for stoves, dryers, water heaters, ac units again..lol
            Loaded up on several sqd panels, breakers, boxes, fiber and metal, and devices.. including generator wiring parts..
            Its a 30 mile drive for parts here.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
              Where else are all the NY and CA transplants supposed to go?
              That makes me nauseous.

Comment

We will be building starting early next summer. Maybe I will get lucky and prices will be back to "normal" by then, along with other material prices as well!

Comment

I got our house to this point and took a three month vacation hoping material would drop soon.
                  Finally found a deal on my siding and bead board ceiling so I got it while I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                    Not around Austin it hasn't. They can't build houses fast enough around here.
                    Not here either, they are building every where. And can’t build them fast enough for the demand.

Comment

In my neighborhood east of San Antonio they are still building as fast as they can, and are still selling them. But now, the builders shrank the lot size. They went from 20 houses per street to 25 houses per street. They also shrank the size of the house. From 1600-2200 square feet down to 1000-1300 square feet but kept the prices the same. A 1300 square foot 3 bedroom 2 bath house is selling for $225k. For reference, my 1766 square foot 3/2 house with lots of upgrades was bought in July of last year at a discounted price of $215k.

From what I keep reading, due to a “perfect storm of many factors” and continuation of multiple “random accidents “, the cost of everything is going to either stay where it’s at, with small fluctuations of course, or keep going up. And we haven’t even had any hurricanes or massive power outages, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                        We will be building starting early next summer. Maybe I will get lucky and prices will be back to "normal" by then, along with other material prices as well!
                        By then the rates will go through the roof. Hope not

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                          I am being "forced" into an add on. 3 kids on the ground and twins on the way.
                          Get a TV or something!

Comment

this was Monday at Lowe's. Highest I've seen them
                            Attached Files

Comment

One thing to keep in mind - Texas is a beast that eats wood for construction compared to other states.

Last year the census showed 15 million+ new residents moving to Texas. And not to start a war, but that is documented residents.

That is simple supply and demand.

Comment

Now we need copper wire prices to fall. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Comment

Working...
                                X