Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palacios - worth buying a weekend property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wickll View Post
    We have property right down the road in Olivia. I prefer it over Port O'connor and Rockport. May not be much to do in terms of vacationing, but I prefer the quieter atmosphere and less boat traffic.

Someone mentioned Sargent. I do hope to make a few trips there this summer. I like the trout fishing there.
    I would not talk about Olivia or Keller Bay publicly if I were you. I love that bay.

Comment

I appreciate all the additional information. We may take a ride down there sometime this week to check out a couple of places weather permitting. We are looking for quiet and not busy so it sounds worth a ride down there. We have seen several for sales in The Fisherman's Village. Thanks folks.

Comment

Originally posted by wickll View Post
        We have property right down the road in Olivia. I prefer it over Port O'connor and Rockport. May not be much to do in terms of vacationing, but I prefer the quieter atmosphere and less boat traffic.

Someone mentioned Sargent. I do hope to make a few trips there this summer. I like the trout fishing there.
        If truly just looking for a weekend home then either Olivia or Port Alto should be considered. Close to Port Lavaca and Palacios.

Plus you can drive up to bird watch in the marsh area going up Keller.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
          I would not talk about Olivia or Keller Bay publicly if I were you. I love that bay.

It’s definitely not a secret. That little bay takes a beating.
          Last edited by Clay C; 04-10-2022, 06:34 PM.

Comment

When we had a place in matagorda, Palacios was gutter and POC was too far.

If not for hurricanes I'd bought there or Sargeant. Cause matty and POC is $$$ now. Well that and everything rusts

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like Sargent better but Palacios ain’t bad. If you didn’t have to face the full teeth of the south wind there, it would be a perfect spot.

Comment

Sargent is POC’s meth addicted cousin. Palacios is the family member everyone has forgotten about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of good people in the Palacios area. Good Vietnamese food too. Fishing can be spotty and seasonal, but is overall good.

Comment

Message GJ or Wade they both grew up there and still have lots of family there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      It’s definitely not a secret. That little bay takes a beating.
                      Agree, I honestly haven’t fished there in more than a decade and a half but I heard a banker from my hometown still makes it down that way in a hell’s bay on occasion ?

Comment

You have to get out of Palacios and look around Schicke Point, El Campo Beach and Port Alto side of Carancahua Bay. I live at Schicke Point. Have for 16 years. Very laid back and not crowded. Wife and I live down here. We love it.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                          Agree, I honestly haven’t fished there in more than a decade and a half but I heard a banker from my hometown still makes it down that way in a hell’s bay on occasion ?
                          I’ve heard the same rumors. Not sure if I believe them or not.

Comment

Working...
                          X