Pool heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool heater

Anyone have a source for pool heaters. Mine busted during the freeze and need to get it replaced.

Originally posted by warrington View Post
    Anyone have a source for pool heaters. Mine busted during the freeze and need to get it replaced.
    eBay. I bought one but ended up returning it when a friend got me one sooner.

Comment

Look into Raypac heaters made by Rheem. They have been widely used in California and up north for a long time. We usually primarily deal with Pentair equipment but we met with 3 reps for Raypak last week and we are switching. They will communicate with Pentair controls and after seeing how they are made, I believe they are as good or better made. You can find them. The situation with Pentair, Hayward,and Jandy heaters will not get better anytime soon. I have had 18 Pentair Matertemp heaters on order for some time and might not have them before the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        Look into Raypac heaters made by Rheem. They have been widely used in California and up north for a long time. We usually primarily deal with Pentair equipment but we met with 3 reps for Raypak last week and we are switching. They will communicate with Pentair controls and after seeing how they are made, I believe they are as good or better made. You can find them. The situation with Pentair, Hayward,and Jandy heaters will not get better anytime soon. I have had 18 Pentair Matertemp heaters on order for some time and might not have them before the fall.
        Is $3650 a decent price for a PEntair 400k heater

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
          Is $3650 a decent price for a PEntair 400k heater
          No, that's gouging but many are paying that right now. My cost is around $2400. I would help you get one if I could get the ones I need for my next 30 pools.

Comment

Figured.
            Pool company we use never stops amazing me

Comment

I don’t know anything about them, but my father in law is about to install an Aquacomfort on ours. He gets his from the DFW area I believe.

Comment

The Pentair I bought off eBay was $2800. My friend got me a Rheem while I was waiting on them to ship it a little cheaper. I had to replumb everything but it is good so far.

Comment

One posted in the Classifieds for sale

Comment

My pentair 400 was $2.100.00 back in June 2020.

Comment

Are you sure you don’t just need a new water manifold inside it? That’s what broke on mine. That said struggling to find a replacement part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                        Are you sure you don’t just need a new water manifold inside it? That’s what broke on mine. That said struggling to find a replacement part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Wouldn’t doubt it. Any idea what it looks like. I’ll break init the heater today and see what’s going on. They said it was the exchanger but I don’t think they looked

Comment

I use the sun.

Comment

Mine was just a solenoid replacement. Have you had someone to come out and look? May just be a part.

Comment

Working...
                            X