Duckling Hatching Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duckling Hatching Day

My first duck incubation rodeo. The eggs were started incubating 20220422. I lost track of time and they were still on the Hovabator turner when they started hatching this morning. Oops. I reckon theyre working through it.

Im not sure the breed, some domesticated crossing.
    Time to spit in my hand and rub theyre beaks.

God bless!

Duck Daddy
    Attached Files

Heck yeah man. I just bought a hovabator and got my first clutch of chicken eggs started on Saturday. Update us with your hatch rate when it's all said and done.

Comment

Nothing wrong with them hatching in it. They will be fine

Comment

Those are tic tac toe ducklings.
        Last edited by Walker; 05-18-2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

That’s so cool.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
            Heck yeah man. I just bought a hovabator and got my first clutch of chicken eggs started on Saturday. Update us with your hatch rate when it's all said and done.
            Its already super low. Ive got 7 out. I had 42 to start with then candled out 9 at the start. 33 turned into 1 or 2 being shucked here and there. It seems once the egg turns greenish, theyre bad. Many ended up being like poached eggs. Theres 18 left and several look green.

Im curious to see the male to female ratio and Im curious if anybody neuters theyre drakes. Like caponizing and making cockrells…or castrating bull calves to make steers. A gang of drakes is as bad as a gang of cocks.

Weve another 30 +\- duck eggs on another incubator from a commercial farm. This first batch is eggs from a novice duck pond egg harvest.

Ill be swoll up soon enough.

Comment

10 ducklings out. 10 of 33 incubated hatched. 10 of 42 eggs harvested.

I moved the first 7 born to a heat lamp trough and left a vigourous new born to coax the remaining 2 emerging. I got impatient waiting for the last one to emerge whereas it was one of the first to crack. I figured Id help out and shucked its egg.
              I shucked 3 ducklings from their cracked eggs and theyre all good.

It was interesting to see the how ducklings groom each other to stimulate movement of the new hatchlings.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have not had any luck hatching ducks . Chickens and quail are easy

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                  I have not had any luck hatching ducks . Chickens and quail are easy
                  I didnt expect to be successful. Im hoping for a much better hatch rate on the commercial duck eggs.

The relative humidity dropped to 30% the day before hatch. So a mass hatch the following day was a delightful surprise.

Comment

That is cool! Great work!

Comment

That’s really cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s pretty cool. I’ve never hatched ducks, but started my first venture into hatching turkey this year. I’ve hatched out around 45 already and have 37 in the incubator as we speak. �� I don’t believe I’ll be hatching any more of the eggs our hens lay (started out with 3 hens and 1 Tom) due to being over ran by them now.

Comment

Originally posted by TRF455 View Post
                          That’s pretty cool. I’ve never hatched ducks, but started my first venture into hatching turkey this year. I’ve hatched out around 45 already and have 37 in the incubator as we speak. �� I don’t believe I’ll be hatching any more of the eggs our hens lay (started out with 3 hens and 1 Tom) due to being over ran by them now.

Little off topic but I found one of my turkey hens dead today . Don’t know what happened to her .

Comment

Time to spit in my hand and rub theyre beaks.

What does this do and do you only do it with ducks or can it be done with other hatchlings?

Comment

Working...
                            X