Need a quote/help from the knife makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a quote/help from the knife makers

My neighbor gave me this antique butcher knife from Paris, France. Has a busted handle, tip needs a little work. It needs to be cleaned up and sharpened. If anybody's interested in helping me out, shoot me a PM with a quote and I will ship it to you. Thank you

Sweet blade! I have a EBRO Wilson fur trappers knife from the mid 1800s that was about the same condition and Paintman hooked it up for fairly inexpensive.

Good luck with the refurb Mr Chew.

Comment

If that knife has a some $$ value you should send it to a real knife guy but I could put new handle scales on it and clean it up.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
        If that knife has a some $$ value you should send it to a real knife guy but I could put new handle scales on it and clean it up.
        Thanks Mike. I'll get with you soon. There's a few for sale on eBay but it's not outrageously valuable or anything

Comment

Iffin it were mine, sharpen and leave the rest be, just my 2 cents.

Comment

I don’t do scales, but I’d be happy to give it a good sharpening. Personally I’d leave it looking as cool as it is, but a little cleanup shouldn’t be that hard either.

Comment

I'm no help with the restoration, but that looks more like a short sword than a knife! Kitchen utility, home defense, and chop down trees all in one package.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                I'm no help with the restoration, but that looks more like a short sword than a knife! Kitchen utility, home defense, and chop down trees all in one package.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                I know. It feels solid. I'm going to use the heck out of it

Comment

A knife maker or a handle attacher? I’m neither, but I’m told we have both on here!

Comment

This is a cool piece!!! I have a a knife addiction. Well, knife, gun, ammo, archery, ice cream, pretty ladies, ugly ladies.. list goes on. However, I'd trust Bob "Jank" knives if it were mine.

Comment

This was my grandfathers block knife when I was a little kid.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X