Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
    We absolutely know that's not happening. Maybe arming teachers in some states will happen but you still need a plan B. Teaching mindset, improvised weapons, and empty hand tactics in a non permissive environment is the least we can do.

The districts are so driven by liability worries very few would ever allow armed teachers. I think it's an issue best tackled on the state level.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk
    Over 30% of Texas school districts have armed teachers and that number is growing. I’d venture that the majority of those are rural districts. I’m afraid we have probably neglected the elementary schools though. I do not know this but I’d bet most of the armed teachers are at HS campuses. Not sure it will stop the madness but definitely would curtail some of the damage. I’m sick for the community of Uvalde.

The number of Texas school districts with policies allowing teachers and other staff to carry guns has increased almost 50 percent since a gunman killed…

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Pray. Bring God back in schools. Allow disciplinary action for kids misbehaving. Hold people accountable for their actions in ALL race, religions and political views. You can’t change everyone but you can make a difference. Be a better person. Help people instead of tearing them down. Long list of things we can ALL do better in todays world. It starts with the small things.

Big prayers up for all involved and affected by this.
      Amen.

Comment

Praying for the people or Uvalde. This is horrible

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Has anyone heard this????
          Not sure how accurate. But, I received this earlier.

That shooter today had just murdered his grandma, crashed during the police chase, and ran into the school
          Read the same thing. Seeing how he left his truck it makes sense.

Comment

We are with you Uvalde...

Comment

18 kids and 3 teachers now. Prayers up

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                Over 30% of Texas school districts have armed teachers and that number is growing. I’d venture that the majority of those are rural districts. I’m afraid we have probably neglected the elementary schools though. I do not know this but I’d bet most of the armed teachers are at HS campuses. Not sure it will stop the madness but definitely would curtail some of the damage. I’m sick for the community of Uvalde.

https://www.kut.org/education/2019-0...-to-carry-guns
                We have several elementary schools up here who’s teachers are armed and trained.
                Prayers up for everyone involved.

Comment

Still 18 young ones but back to 1 adult. No one knows 100% right now.

Comment

It's more than arming and training. No I don't have a solution. How many armed teachers will go to the gun fire rather than retreat? Protect your students, or go find the gun man? I'm just curious?

Comment

Prayers for the Uvalde families. I cried for those kids. Same after Sandyhook.

Ill wager $100:
                      1) shooter was never involved actively in team sports
                      2) shooter has either Che Gueverra or an Anarchy on at least one shirt

When kids and adults have no purpose other than themselves and individual drive for themselves for a collective good, drive of revolution finds them. This adult was revolting. We will see more revolts of the ilk.

The LGBQT +\- Marxists will take (have taken) hold of the young and pervert them to revolutionists.
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-24-2022, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        It's more than arming and training. No I don't have a solution. How many armed teachers will go to the gun fire rather than retreat? Protect your students, or go find the gun man? I'm just curious?
                        My expectation would be that an armed teacher secures their door and only fires when the shooter breaches. Maybe one or two actively looking for the shooter if they choose

Comment

Prayers for all those hurting today.

Sad part is this will be debated and argued. Like everything in this country the far left will project their ideology and so will the far right.

The rest of us, just trying to live, will continue to get the Bravo Sierra served up to us.

Can someone tell me how in this day in age, post Sandy-Hook, every school in the U.S has not established a controlled entry and exit point?

When my youngest graduated, I'd be lying to say a small breath of relief came to me. Her high school implemented a solid plan of guest entry and exit. You have to go through two secure doors before you actually in the building. I thought great, only to have my kiddo explain that the cafeteria rear door and other doors were unsecure.

All points of entry into a public building need to be secure, and if its a gun free zone armed security must be present. All ISDs need to have a rapid reaction force, and each school must have armed staff ready to be first responders.

I realize this sounds extreme, but if control who enters and exits this school had been in place, with armed staff, and a rapid reaction force were in place, would there have been any other deaths besides the shooter and his Grandmother who was outside of the school?

Sorry for the long post, but tired of this crap. And we as Texans need to do more with mental health and protecting our love ones.

Again, prayer sent for all those directly impacted an those indirectly hurting this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                            I think districts need to prep teachers and staff on dealing with an active shooter. IMO lockdowns and hiding isn't a plan.

If staff fought back you wouldn't have as many victims. You don't necessarily have to be armed, but you have to be mentally prepped to fight back and I guess this is where the priority of life scale comes into play.

I tell my officers sometimes that them making it home at the end of the shift isn't their first priority. Sometimes the life of a stranger needs to come before yours. A lot of officers totally disagree with that.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk
                            It makes you wonder why they are wearing a badge and gun if that is truly how they feel.

The numbering or terminology may have changed but I spent 10 years on swat and we emphasized the priority of life was always 1. Innocent people 2. Police officers 3. Suspects. It should be the same for all officers.

If you aren’t willing to risk your life to save someone, what are you doing here?

We all understand the concept though. The #1 rule is go home at the end of the shift. The job says requires that #1 might sometimes be a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                              My God!

Please help our broken world!

This is absolutely unimaginable!

Prayers for the moms and dads who will have a empty bed in there home tonight, no little boy or girl to kiss goodnite! Prayers for the brothers and sisters who won’t understand. Prayers for the teachers, staff, and students that had to witness there friends being murderd and the screams they will never forget.

My God!

Please help us!
                              This is so true and tough to swallow with babies at home. I have a 6,9, and 12 year old and this really hits home.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post

https://www.kut.org/education/2019-0...-to-carry-guns
                                I’m not going to muddy the water with details, but the school my wife teaches at has armed teachers and administrators. They had what could’ve been a bad situation a couple weeks ago and didn’t follow any of their training and protocols.
                                They only do ONE training drill a year.
                                I’ll say that armed teachers and administrators is better than nothing, but it’s far from the answer to the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X