Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best scope for a .308 AR-10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best scope for a .308 AR-10?

Would like a good all purpose scope but also something for out to 600 yards.

Looking for something less than a $1000.

Going on a Black Rain Ordnance Predator .308 hunting series.
    20 inch barrel.

Thanks

A good 1-6

Comment

SWFA SS 5-20x50 with the HD glass is a great scope and I believe they will have a big time Black Friday sale.

For a more budget friendly option, Athlon Argos 6-24x50 MIL/MIL FFP. It's $315 on Amazon.

Comment

Leupold MK4 3.5-10 with M3 knobs.

Comment

Vortex viper PST

Comment

I ordered a viper PST 6x24x50 for my ar-10 a couple weeks ago. Got a smoking deal on it from opticsplanet....downside is these things are backordered everywhere. I was told anywhere between 1-3 months by everyone I called...I ended up going with the best price since I was going to have to wait no matter what. Expected to ship first week of December.

Kinda wishing I had gone ahead and ordered two....picked up an RPR that I'm going to need some glass for now

Comment

Thanks everyone !

Comment

Nikon makes a scope specific to the 308...look it up and compare...we like it but also have a sniper in the family that says it's good..., not great but a LOT less $$ than what many consider the "cream of the crop." Disclaimer...he's looking thru 24 year old eyes, lol!

Comment

I have the Nikon m-308 on my ar10 and it seems to do the job for me. I picked mine up for $348 but got a discount on it. I believe they are around 450-500ish MSRP, well under your budget with plenty of money left for other toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nightforce shv 3.5-10 has the best glass under 1000 imo. plus theyve got a moa reticle which i prefer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Vortex is always a good option and we have a fellow GS member that sells them and gives a GS discount. I'm looking at a Sig Sauer scope for a budget scope - they're new to the game but have gotten some great reviews and they're very affordable.

Comment

Mark 4 or Nightforce

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                          nightforce shv 3.5-10 has the best glass under 1000 imo. plus theyve got a moa reticle which i prefer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                          X2

A little over budget, but I just built a LR308 topped it with a Nightforce SHV 5-20. Gonna stretch it out to 600 this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                            Vortex is always a good option and we have a fellow GS member that sells them and gives a GS discount. I'm looking at a Sig Sauer scope for a budget scope - they're new to the game but have gotten some great reviews and they're very affordable.

Just slapped one on one of my 257Wbys and hoping to test it soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X