Ethanol free gas going bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethanol free gas going bad?

Sad day, I went to the lease to start getting my stuff out of there. I'm not re-upping after 6 years, just going another direction. My four wheeler didn't want to run right. I only buy gas at Buc-ees and only ethanol free. I put this gas in it in July or so. Long story short I drained it and put in fresh gas and it's running fine now. I guess I need stabilizer in ethanol free gas too. Anybody else have this happen? Thanks, Kevin.

I haven’t had any problems after sitting for 10 months.
    I buy ethanol free at Walmart.
    Wonder if they mixed up the tanks?
    Got diesel from a gas pump once

Comment

Had not had any problems since I started using (E free...and i only buy from the BUC...But I am sure all gas goes downhill with time...

Mine y problem with u lead with ethonol was it ate o rings/ gaskets /hoses/ and created Snot in bowel of some carbs...+absorbed water
      Last edited by cva34; 01-23-2021, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Why would ethanol free not go bad?

Comment

It doesn't absorb water without ethanol. It was only 7 or 8 months old. Before ethanol gas would last for years in can in the garage. I've never had it go bad like that, I could be wrong.

Comment

Stabil is your friend. You don’t even have to buy E free that way!

Comment

Back before ethanol gas, it wouldn’t last a year before it changed colors and loss some strength to its odor. It only got weaker from then on out. All gas goes bad.

Comment

Condensation in the tank is probably the culprit

Comment

Read your manual and follow the advice. If it says regular, use it. Drain the tank if its going to sit awhile or add the right additive if its
                  going to>>.
                  Last edited by Oleman; 01-23-2021, 08:48 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

all gas goes bad, even treated....................

Comment

Went to start power washer today. Only use ethanol free in it after replacing carb last year. Ran it dry in October and stored without seafoam etc. Put fresh ethanol free gas in yesterday and nothing. Took the bowl off and varnish/gunk everywhere. Cleaned it and wired out and fired right up. Seafoam next time. Oooof.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                        Went to start power washer today. Only use ethanol free in it after replacing carb last year. Ran it dry in October and stored without seafoam etc. Put fresh ethanol free gas in yesterday and nothing. Took the bowl off and varnish/gunk everywhere. Cleaned it and wired out and fired right up. Seafoam next time. Oooof.

Still need to use Stabil. For all my power equipment I use ethanol free gas and just add stabil when filling my gas cans. All my equipment ends up unused at one point or another during the year and stabilizing the gas is absolutely necessary even if you run the carb dry. I have a Stihl blower that’s been running for 11 years with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
                          Still need to use Stabil. For all my power equipment I use ethanol free gas and just add stabil when filling my gas cans. All my equipment ends up unused at one point or another during the year and stabilizing the gas is absolutely necessary even if you run the carb dry. I have a Stihl blower that’s been running for 11 years with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Best advice here. Put it in your gas can when you fill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            Why would ethanol free not go bad?
                            This, gas with ethanol is the one that goes bad first

Comment

Folks... gas has water and many other impurities. Ethanol or not. And, goes bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X