Shared kids room, good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared kids room, good or bad?

Considering having our girls (1 & 3) share a bedroom and turning the other into a playroom . Has anyone done this? What’s your experience?

We live 60/40 in a camper where they share a room, living room actually, already. And they share a room/space at the dl camper as well. Their toys seem to be getting bigger than their furniture and their rooms are relatively small as far as floor space goes. They do each have a big closet that they have some toys in now, that can stay as their own personal space when they need it. We’re both on the fence, each leaning opposing ways, and the alternative seems to be dumping all of their old toys in place of new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our girls share a room (out of necessity) we have had no problems at all

Comment

Grew up very poor. At one point there were 4 of us in one room. Two sets of bunk beds. Two boys and two girls. We didn't know any better so it didn't matter to us.

Comment

My two girls are the same age difference and they'll have it no other way.
        They are 3 & 4.5 (soon to be 5) right now and they want to sleep in the same bed.
        We tried to break them up but by the morning they'll be in the same bed so we just let them be.

They are "best friends", sisters through and through.

As long as they like it, we love it!

Comment

My boys are 11 and 7 and they choose to share a room and use the other bedroom as a gaming room for their fooseball and air hockey tables. Works fine now,but I expect when he teeneage hormones kick in the older one is going to want little brother OUT. Time will tell!

Comment

My boys share a room. Ages 7 and 1. They have been in the same room since my youngest was 7 months old. No issues.

Baby room has become the play room again.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              My boys share a room. Ages 7 and 1. They have been in the same room since my youngest was 7 months old. No issues.

Baby room has become the play room again.
              I have 2 boys, almost 4 and 9 months. We are about to move and are considering putting the boys together as we plan to in a couple of years regardless. Did you guys have any issue with the older boy wanting to try and take the younger one out of crib or anything? I know that at 7 the concern is probably not as much- interesting thread and curious about more opinions. Anyone have boys this age, 4 and 1? How did it go?

Comment

My kids do, by their choice. No problems

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                  My boys are 11 and 7 and they choose to share a room and use the other bedroom as a gaming room for their fooseball and air hockey tables. Works fine now,but I expect when he teeneage hormones kick in the older one is going to want little brother OUT. Time will tell!
                  My brother and I were about that same spread in age and shared a room all our life. One day my balls dropped and decided it was time to send him packin’. I was home alone one afternoon and when my parents and brother got back, every single thing that belonged to him was now in the guest room. It worked out great lol.

Comment

I paid $1500/mo for a 2br apartment for my oldest two girls at Texam A&M.....where they slept in the same bed together every night. So yeah, I guess it's OK.

My youngest two, 14year old twins, are staying at her oldest sister's house tonight while her husband is gone hunting. I guarantee you that they are all three in the same bed....giggling and acting like 7 year olds.

Ironically, our youngest two are twins and seldom stay in the same room despite the fact that they shared one for the first 8 years of their life. Need some space now I guess.

Comment

My boys 10 and 15 share a room. I was worried years ago when we bought the house, but after seeing how my parents were raised with 5 siblings in a room I didn't feel so bad.

Comment

My boys stay in the same room by choice. They both have their own rooms but very seldom stay in them. They are 13 and 10. I suspect the older one will make the decision at some point in the near future to send his brother back to his own room. Coach

Comment

My boys....10,8,7,4 & 2 share a room (it’s over 500sqft so don’t feel bad for them ) and my little girls 7,2 &1 share a room again it’s a big room also. They all enjoy it we don’t have any issues other than the boys being slobs and cramming crap under there beds. My oldest daughter - 13 - is the only one with her own room. With them split up like that it gave them their own living/game room.

I shared a room with my 2 brothers for 7yrs and we had a blast. I think it’s good for them to learn how to share space and respectful in the controlled environment of a home before they hit the real world anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                            My boys....10,8,7,4 & 2 share a room (it’s over 500sqft so don’t feel bad for them ) and my little girls 7,2 &1 share a room again it’s a big room also. They all enjoy it we don’t have any issues other than the boys being slobs and cramming crap under there beds. My oldest daughter - 13 - is the only one with her own room. With them split up like that it gave them their own living/game room.

I shared a room with my 2 brothers for 7yrs and we had a blast. I think it’s good for them to learn how to share space and respectful in the controlled environment of a home before they hit the real world anyway

By my count that is 9 kids. Holy crap, what city do you live in so I can make sure I never drink the water there. [emoji33][emoji6][emoji6]

Comment

Hey your pretty good at math! Yes we have 9 kiddos. We were foster parents for 8 years and ended up adopting 2 sibling groups and we have 4 biological......Don’t drink the water in Orange though because 2 of our biological are a set of twins that we had after we had adopted 4 and were told we couldn’t have kids anymore. Never a dull moment at our place!
                              Last edited by Uncle_Milty; 12-30-2018, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X