No announcement yet.

New Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the new toy. If you're not driving a Dodge with ghost mirrors, I would get a good set of mirrors. That is one long bumper pull.

Comment

Looks a lot like my Salem but they are both made by forest river. Quality sewer hose at least 20’, 2 water hoses. If that’s the new 12volt fridge without a lock you need to rig up a lock or a way to bungee the big door closed it will come open going down the highway. Install some child proof latches on the kitchen drawers they will come open also. Bought ours new last year and made our first trip with it to Utah. If the tires are china pops go get you some load rang E Goodyear’s that’s the first thing I did before taking a trip. During your first couple of trips you will have saw dust appearing from when they built it. That’s just a few things that come to mind.

Comment

I second the tow mirrors. Also a box of latex gloves. Boards to help level it while setting up. If no electric jacks then a cordless impact with 3/4 socket. A Good chair with cup holders. Small ice chest for bag,drink ice. Extra outside table. Fly bait or trap. Enjoy

Comment

Snap on exterior window shades unless your want your rv ac running all the time
          Night light for bathroom your light in bathroom is probably on the ceiling and kids won't be able the reach the light
          Tie down for canopy with springs
          Hanging shoe rack to go over kitchen door for storage of solo cups, forks, spoons, knifes etc
          Hanging shoe rack in bathroom to keep dry rolled towels
          Outside portable light the led don't put out enough to light at night
          The Dominic thermostat is sensible and has foam inserts on the on/off and temperature settings and if you remove the cover it will have to be replaced
          Get some Walmart plastic storage containers like 8x12 that will fit at end of bed for socks, underware, and rolled t shirts. There is no storage
          Make sure the seal on the shower is sealed. The bathtub should have a lip that goes under the wall if not water will go under your tub. Ours had no lip and was not sealed at all and water just run behind the tub on the floor. The dealer said they had never had a leak at the tub before but the shop guy said that was a design flaw and they had to fix it.
          Check your roll out. The second time we used it the arms both snapped off when it couldn't come out of the wall.
          Tires suck you may get 2-3 trips out of them but I wouldn't run a long trip When they blown out they will destroy your siding on your trailer.
          Make sure your trailer hitch has sway bars they are a must
          Buy you a heavy duty extension cord for RV. Some RV spots have receptacle at rear, middle or front of spots
          Get you some chocks and 6x6 RV plastic blocks to put your jacks on and keep them sprayed with wd 40 Amazon has the chocks and blocks
          A $39 white plastic table will fit under the front storage area
          There is no ladder to get on top of the RV so I carry a 6 ft ladder
          We have the same unit as yours so good luck and hopefully you will never have to deal with any service RV guys.

Comment

Thanks for all the input, lot of good information here. I am pulling it with my 2019 dodge ram 1500 5.7. It's going to be a beast to pull but I do have the sway bar trailer hitch to help.

Comment

I know it's a big hit cash wise, but I recommend replacing the tires immediately. These trailers come with cheap Chinese made tires that are rated for their weight at low speeds.

You can get far better American made products that will last you a good while and you wont have to worry about the inevitable tire flat that comes with the chinese made ones.

Comment

Congrats, we're still shopping. I just cant pull the trigger on new and all this virus crap aint making pre-owned much fun

Comment

Congratulations on your new rig! There are so many great suggestions above I don't know that I would add any right now. I have a slide in truck camper so tires are not an issue for me but that is the very first thing I would do, change out your tires and get a good quality trailer tire. I have seen quite of few friends do a lot of damage to their RV, up to the point to being totaled, due to tire blowouts. Thankfully, none of them wrecked and had personal injury.

The next thing I would recommend is get on YouTube and watch a lot of videos. There is a ton of great information on their to learn from, some you can take advantage of and some you won't.

Enjoy it and you will definitely learn as you go!

Comment

Congratulations!! Hoping to buy one soon as well.

Comment

Black stone 16 or 22” griddle. Can make a lot of breakfast in a hurry without smelling up the camper or making a big mess inside.

Comment

Here is a good place to start... [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzz9TQtccqg"]RV Newbie: Tips & Must Have Gear for Beginners - YouTube[/ame]

This podcast called "Keep Your Daydream" is really good and one I watch on a pretty regular basis.

Lot's of them out there to learn from.

Comment

Our camper lives at the deer lease, even though I'd love to take it to some parks, so my list is more interior friendly. I bought a few of these for our closets so I could stack clothes and see what I have. They have metal hooks and are more sturdy than the Velcro type. The master is upfront and the closets have a curved ceiling so hangers don't fit without going slightly sideways. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got a small extension shower rod for our bathroom to hang things on as well. The bathroom has a 2nd door but we don't really use it so the rod means I can hang extra towels or clothes without putting a hole in the wall. I also keep a small collapsible hamper in the bathroom with a trash bag in it for easy pack up of dirty clothes (even though everything gets washed when we get home).
                          I also got some of the 3m hooks and hung them in the back room for the kids jackets. I figured they would fally off with the West Texas heat, but they've stayed up several years now.
                          I got some of the stick on push lights for inside my pantry as well, but they were cheap and I need to upgrade them. They helped while they lasted since it's a skinny, deep pantry. Originally I went pretty cheap on my kitchen tools, but after being in the middle of nowhere for a week, I realized a few quality items are worth the extra funds.

Comment

Love all the advice, thanks for sharing!

Comment

When you decide that 1500 ain’t enough go right to a diesel don’t mess with a 3/4 ton gasser.

Comment

Pack it up, spend two nights in it at the house and if you don’t have to go inside the house for anything your properly packed.

Comment

Working...
                                X