Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Drought Map.. West Texas is OK..Not really..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Drought Map.. West Texas is OK..Not really..

Looks Like west texas is OK...
    Attached Files

This weeks map will look a lot different. Tuesday(today) is the update map deadline for this Thursday's release.

Comment

We’re not in a drought, we’re in flood recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
        This weeks map will look a lot different. Tuesday(today) is the update map deadline for this Thursday's release.
        Not being a SA. What factors do they consider when deciding what is or isn't a drought? Is it rain totals, aquafer totals, lake levels, etc.

Comment

Burnet has had 1” since last week. Welcomed but not a drought buster.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
            Same at my place, but 5 miles to the south along the Brazos and Little Rivers they've gotten a lot of rain over the last week. Nearly every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
              In Caddo Mills (northeast Texas hunt county) we got 1 and 4/10 of an inch. Not far from us in basically every direction people got several times that much. It was weird. It was a welcome rain but we could use some more.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                In Caddo Mills (northeast Texas hunt county) we got 1 and 4/10 of an inch. Not far from us in basically every direction people got several times that much. It was weird. It was a welcome rain but we could use some more.
                Same here in western young county. Got an inch & a half. Couple miles away 3 + inches in every direction.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                  I think most are ignoring your post LOL

Comment

maybe my humor is being missed.. If you look at the map it looks like a hand with the "OK" wrist is on the New Mexico Line. Maybe Brady in the "circle"

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      That's okay, happens a lot these days. Just the way life goes sometimes, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by js4242 View Post
                        Not being a SA. What factors do they consider when deciding what is or isn't a drought? Is it rain totals, aquafer totals, lake levels, etc.
                        Mostly precipitation and the amount of moisture in soil samples I think is the main measurements.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          Definitely understand his post and wasn't ignoring it. The map will definitely look a lot better overall for sure. Just a few people are saying it didn't rain everywhere and that we are still needing rain in spots. I definitely need more rain.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                            maybe my humor is being missed.. If you look at the map it looks like a hand with the "OK" wrist is on the New Mexico Line. Maybe Brady in the "circle"
                            That has been redefined as a white power symbol now. How dare you

Comment

My 4-5" projection in eastland county ended up with 1/2"

Comment

Working...
                              X