How to value a used bass boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to value a used bass boat?

Is there something like a KBB for boats?

Uncle has a 1994 19’ champion with a 200 hp Mercury black max. For an almost 30 year old boat it runs great, matter of fact I fished on it two weeks ago. Been garage kept it’s whole life. New upholstery was done about 6-8 years ago, excluding carpet which is still in good shape.

Wants to sell but have no idea on its value?

The only thing I can suggest is to look at different boat selling sites to get an estimate. But I will add, depending on price and pictures, etc, I might be interested.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
      The only thing I can suggest is to look at different boat selling sites to get an estimate. But I will add, depending on price and pictures, etc, I might be interested.

I’ll get some pics next week. Pm me your number.

I’ve fished on this boat since the 2001 ( he bought it new, it’s a one owner boat) and It’s never let us down and has been a great rig. At 78 years old he can’t go out by himself anymore and I just bought a boat 2 months ago or I would buy it from him.

He drove this boat like an old man even when he wasn’t and I would bet it’s only seen 40+ mph a handful of times. Engine runs great

Comment

Lots of variables. Top notch modern trolling motor, batteries and electronics will double the value of that boat and some people upgrade and some don’t. My suggestion would be look online to get an idea. Bassboatcentral lists boats for sale by manufacturer.

Comment

One of my favorite boats.

Comment

Those Champs have a cult following. With graduation coming, that's a great boat for a kid going to school to fish.

In fact I know a guy who may be doing just that. His son and partner just won high school nationals on Pickwick

Let's see it?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Those Champs have a cult following. With graduation coming, that's a great boat for a kid going to school to fish.

In fact I know a guy who may be doing just that. His son and partner just won high school nationals on Pickwick

Let's see it?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              Quacker, even old fat guys miss having one!! These are not worth much and should be sold to me cheap!!

Comment

Isn’t that one of the boat companies that was bought to eliminate stiff competition. That’s what I’ve heard anyway. My son has a Champion, great rough water boat ! GLWS !

Comment

Pat Goff is the center of the Champion knowledge base. He’s on Texas Fishing Forum and a few others. Look him up and he can tell you everything you need to know. BBC also has a great database of Pat’s wisdom and others.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                    Pat Goff is the center of the Champion knowledge base. He’s on Texas Fishing Forum and a few others. Look him up and he can tell you everything you need to know. BBC also has a great database of Pat’s wisdom and others.
                    Pat and my dad were really good friends and fished together a lot. Got to spend a lot of time with him back in the 80’s-90’s. His boats only knew one speed…WOT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                      Yep…although I’m not sure how often he’s on BBC these days. I know he was very adept at ticking folks off there, without trying to but a wealth of information for sure. It would be worth joining TFF to message Pat and get a knowledgeable answer. As for BassBoatCentral, once you have a price figured out, that is where I would list it. As stated, there is a cult following of Champions and it shouldn’t take long to sell it

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                        I’ll get some pics next week. Pm me your number.

I’ve fished on this boat since the 2001 ( he bought it new, it’s a one owner boat) and It’s never let us down and has been a great rig. At 78 years old he can’t go out by himself anymore and I just bought a boat 2 months ago or I would buy it from him.

He drove this boat like an old man even when he wasn’t and I would bet it’s only seen 40+ mph a handful of times. Engine runs great
                        Pm sent

Comment

I may be interested in it also. My brother sold his champion and I am still kicking myself for not buying it. Could you send or post pics and details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s worth more than he gave for it if everything is clean and running

Comment

NADA Boats

Power boat, Sailboat Prices & Personal Watercraft Values - J.D. Power
                              Last edited by Bassdeer; 06-30-2022, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X