Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
      If anyone needs a 30 amp surge protector, I have a gently used one I could let go for $50. Sold my camper and don’t need it.

I had it in classified, but no hits.
      If you are on Facebook, put it in the marketplace. I sold one quickly there.

Comment

Anyone with a bumper pull that gets complaints from your wife about movement? I built these homemade stabilizers out of 2x4s and they go on every trip. I painted this to match the rig with fluorescent paint on the ends near the ground to be seen. One on each corner with a ratchet strap tightening each pair and the rig is rock solid. I also put stabilization on the stairs and there is no give there either.

Comment

Before I retired, I made camping trips plans much earlier than I do now. Being able to camp mid-week is wonderful! We take it on trips about 6 times a year. We leave it at the deer lease from October to about the end of January.

This trip was at Lake Houston County. Nice place.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Les; 02-18-2022, 07:00 AM.
          Lesto!!

Comment

Looks like we will be playing a baseball tournament in Clifton in two weeks so we have our first trip booked at Clifton RV Park

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
              I recently purchased a travel trailer and already have our first trips planned. I didn't see this type of thread posted so figure I would start one for anyone to post anything RV/Camping related. Points of discussion could include places been or to go, must haves, advice, etc. Not sure it will gain much traction but figure it may be good for some of us!
              My best advice is to use it and enjoy. I can't believe the number of times I've seen, For sale 2017 Bumblervista, like new, only used 3 times?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tundra and Jayco tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	24677462

We bought this little Jayco(our 168 sq. foot rolling doghouse) in 2017, right after Hurricane Harvey. We wanted to continue fishing in Port A during the condo rebuild, so set up in a lot down there. We also wanted to use it during our annual Idaho trips, instead of staying with family and having to find motels that take dogs along the way. It has been a great time. We have pulled it over 20,000 miles in 4 Idaho trips and planning the 5th trip as I type this.

If it's a bumper pull, get a good sway/distribution setup and brake controller.

Hogboy

Comment

I have so many good memories of riding around in the 3rd row suburban we had in the early 90s towing a travel trailer behind us. Up to Niagra and back through the Great Smokies, Tetons / Yellowstone and back. I miss those long summer days from my childhood. Definitely want to do this for my kids someday soon also.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                  Points of discussion could include places been or to go, must haves, advice, etc.
                  Some things we've learned over 17 yrs of RVing, make your life easy and your meals even easier!

- We haven't used an oven or stove-top in our RV's since in forever. Wastes too much propane. We cook in the micro, electric skillet, or the grill outside. The oven is typicaly used for warm storage while I finish up on the grill.

- Dishes/cups/utensils are disposable. Yes it creates trash, but it saves in waste-water storage and time. Most campgrounds we go to (COE parks) don't have full hook-ups. So tank storage comes into play. The less dishes you have to wash, the longer you stay connected without having to go dump. Or using a portable tank, like we do (grey water only). Also, less time doing dishes means more time spent with family/friends outside! The main reason we go...

- Keep your RV stocked with things you use often. We learned this along the way, but the more you camp, the more you realize the things you use the most. Outside of perishable items, we are always stocked with dishes/cups/utensils, umbrellas, spare tables, electric heaters, etc. in our RV. At that point, preparation for a trip becomes just drinks, food for planned meals and the clothes you want to wear.

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                    Some things we've learned over 17 yrs of RVing, make your life easy and your meals even easier!

- We haven't used an oven or stove-top in our RV's since in forever. Wastes too much propane. We cook in the micro, electric skillet, or the grill outside. The oven is typicaly used for warm storage while I finish up on the grill.

- Dishes/cups/utensils are disposable. Yes it creates trash, but it saves in waste-water storage and time. Most campgrounds we go to (COE parks) don't have full hook-ups. So tank storage comes into play. The less dishes you have to wash, the longer you stay connected without having to go dump. Or using a portable tank, like we do (grey water only). Also, less time doing dishes means more time spent with family/friends outside! The main reason we go...

- Keep your RV stocked with things you use often. We learned this along the way, but the more you camp, the more you realize the things you use the most. Outside of perishable items, we are always stocked with dishes/cups/utensils, umbrellas, spare tables, electric heaters, etc. in our RV. At that point, preparation for a trip becomes just drinks, food for planned meals and the clothes you want to wear.

Very good advice. We have been at this only a couple years but can identify with many of the items you have mentioned. We keep our rig at home under awning. We haven't used the oven or stove top, I cook outside. We prepare all of our dinner meals in advance to be cooked outside by me. My wife likes that. We mostly use disposable plates but not much else. It's nice to simply go take inventory of clothes, seasonal items and food items since we don't take all of those things out and just have to add to what is there. I also carry some things on longer trips that I don't when closer to home to minimize the weight.

We go to be outdoors doing things like photography, hiking and biking. We are primarily state park/COE campers.We have favorite parks and our best trip so far would have to be to the Davis Mountains last late September with 2 day stop over coming and going at S. Llano River SP, a 9 day trip. We normally go somewhere at least once a month for 5 to 6 nights. I'm retired and my wife isn't but is flexible in her career.

Comment

Thanks for the advise!

Comment

Has anyone stayed at Majestic Oaks in Rockport?

Comment

anyone else headed to Bandera for Cowboy Mardi Gras this weekend?

Comment

We have some friends that have stayed at Majestic Oaks, they said they like it.
                            Based on Google maps, the sites seem a little too close for my comfort, but I've never seen it in person. And most places in and around Rockport are typically making the most of the space they have.

Comment

We have some friends that have stayed at Majestic Oaks, they said they like it.
                              Based on Google maps, the sites seem a little too close for my comfort, but I've never seen it in person. And most places in and around Rockport are typically making the most of the space they have.
                              Thanks for the input. I noticed that but they seemed to be spaced out a little more than most done along the coast

Comment

Great Thread!!! We try to get out 1 or 2 times a month. It's great to take one or 2 the Grandkids with, gets them outside and they love it. We hit mostly State Parks and COE. Went last weekend to Ray Roberts, they have two great Parks North and South of the Lake.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X