Gonna keep bumping so no one on the green screen gets screwed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
      Gonna keep bumping so no one on the green screen gets screwed

I saw something about him on Facebook.

Comment

So many shady taxidermist. Only business with more shady characters is asphalting companies.

I've found that the probability of getting my mount back is directly proportional to the sq/ft of the taxi shop. The bigger the shop, the bigger the investment they have made, the less they can afford to pi55 off customers.
        Last edited by saintsfan; 06-30-2022, 09:46 PM. Reason: Sp

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
          So many shady taxidermist. Only business with more shady characters is asphalting companies.

I've found that the probability of getting my mount back is directly proportional to the sq/ft of the taxi shop. The bigger the shop, the bigger the investment they have made, the less they can afford to pi55 off customers.
          I operate in 200 sq ft. I dare you to find even ONE person that will say they've ever been screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
            I saw something about him on Facebook.
            yeah he's getting ripped on Puro Pinche. I spoke to a good friend that does a LOT of work with this guy and he's getting the same response. He has over 10 customer's animals there now for almost 2 years
            Last edited by kyle1974; 07-01-2022, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I see him these same complaints on facebook all the time. I know he is also a commercail fisherman and some folks are speculating that got in the way of his taxidermy

Comment

Hmmm… Reverse that and then you may be on to something .

Comment

I have the exact opposite view. My guy works out of maybe a room in a barn. Great mounts, Great Customer service and Great turnaround. 2-3 months. Granted he only takes in what he knows he can handle.

Comment

[ Granted he only takes in what he knows he can handle.[/QUOTE]

Nailed it- this is a major problem IMO! It shouldn’t take more than 6 or 7 months to get a mount back! If it takes longer they have taken in more than they can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechshooter View Post
                      I see him these same complaints on facebook all the time. I know he is also a commercail fisherman and some folks are speculating that got in the way of his taxidermy

I been hearing that… how do I book a charter ??? I just want my mount back !?!! Bahahaha

Comment

I’ve been lucky with the taxis I’ve used. Had them run a little behind a couple of times, but never more than a couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                          I operate in 200 sq ft. I dare you to find even ONE person that will say they've ever been screwed.
                          Im definitely not saying that what I use as my guide is a rule. But after fighting and losing multiple mount to guys that run a Taxi business out of their houses. I use large shops as a rule (Double Nickle, Wildlife Revolutions, Etc.) but I still use the same guy in Illinois who runs his business out of a 200 sq/ft shop.

With the expense and time spent hunting, I would only trust a mount with someone who has a strong and long reputation, especially when looking a small shop.
                          Last edited by saintsfan; 07-02-2022, 02:36 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

I have to say I have never had any issue with any of my taxidermists. Doesn’t matter if it’s the guy working out of a full blown shop or the guy who did my last mount that works out of his garage (hi Joe ). I have always gotten great mounts and had good communication. Just do your homework

Comment

One thing y’all might consider in the future is to not leave your antlers with the taxi. Go back and pick them up a day or two after you take your head in. He can call you when he is ready to do your mount. Too many bad stories of taxis losing them, going out of business, or even burning down.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                One thing y’all might consider in the future is to not leave your antlers with the taxi. Go back and pick them up a day or two after you take your head in. He can call you when he is ready to do your mount. Too many bad stories of taxis losing them, going out of business, or even burning down.

This exactly what I do

Comment

Working...
                                X