A few questions for you guys??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions for you guys??

Alright so I am moving to west TX El Paso to be specific and I was wondering if y'all had any advice for me? Do you know any good spots to hunt in the area? How is it different then hunting in the North East? Should I expect to hunt out of a tree or a blind? I'm just curious because I'm assuming its night and day compared to what I'm used to hunting back home? Thanks in advanced for the help ladies and gentleman.

Sean

Not many animals around El Paso..most of the folks go to New Mexico or go to West Texas to hunt....

Comment

Haha don't worry about trees in El Paso. I have been out there and it's kinda like a desert.
      Might wanna look into gettin a lease someplace else

Comment

Probably could find done decent aoudad hunting out there

Comment

Head back east on I-10 over to around Ft Stockton, Sonora or Junction area. Ft Stockton would be mostly mule deer. Sonora would have a mix of mule and WT and Roosevelt and Junction would have WT along with a good amount of exotics. Your drive would be a lot shorter than mine to any of these places. I suppose there could be some deer around El Paso but its not going to be many. Should also be quite a few around Pecos area too.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
            Head back east on I-10 over to around Ft Stockton, Sonora or Junction area. Ft Stockton would be mostly mule deer. Sonora would have a mix of mule and WT and Roosevelt and Junction would have WT along with a good amount of exotics. Your drive would be a lot shorter than mine to any of these places. I suppose there could be some deer around El Paso but its not going to be many. Should also be quite a few around Pecos area too.
            Thank you very much should I try to lease land in one of these places so I can setup a feeder and what not? Just curious because in the northeast we weren't allowed to bait at all...

Comment

Yes you can feed in those areas.

Comment

Get in contact with Mulie Mike who is an outfitter in the area and a member here. He can definitely point you in the right direction. There are places to hunt mule deer, javelinas, dove, quail, and some exotics like aoudad within 40 mins to 3 hours of El Paso.

Comment

Originally posted by Loreva13 View Post
                  Get in contact with Mulie Mike who is an outfitter in the area and a member here. He can definitely point you in the right direction. There are places to hunt mule deer, javelinas, dove, quail, and some exotics like aoudad within 40 mins to 3 hours of El Paso.
                  I like the sounds of that... I'll PM him in the morning and see what he has to say for sure

Comment

Working...
                  X