No announcement yet.

Having a barrel threaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep every rifle that wasn’t threaded that I own morgan has done. At first his thread protectors were a little sloppy/sharp. But I think he didn’t really care to them back then. Now he’s done good on the thread protectors.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

all my Morgan thread jobs were good except for one ... had to send it back to him to fix and he ended up having to put an insert in it to make it work ... i also have another from him where the threads were sharp and not quite up to standard .. this usually happens when they try to use cutting tools past their effective sharpness...

so while I like Morgan , he has slipped a couple of times for me , and also on a buddy of mine who now no longer wishes to use him ... but he has good prices ... or had .. i have not used him in a while myself either.

consider this a mixed endorsement..

Comment

Finally got around to starting on this, Dury's wants $275. Morgan quoted me $90 for just the barrel and I pay round trip shipping, or $150 if I send him the upper. I guess I'll be teaching myself how to remove a barrel and reinstall it properly. lol

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Finally got around to starting on this, Dury's wants $275. Morgan quoted me $90 for just the barrel and I pay round trip shipping, or $150 if I send him the upper. I guess I'll be teaching myself how to remove a barrel and reinstall it properly. lol

$275 for a thread job?? That’s ridiculous. You can dang near get a barrel chambered AND threaded for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
              $275 for a thread job?? That’s ridiculous. You can dang near get a barrel chambered AND threaded for that.
              I can probably get a whole new 6.8 upper from PSA for roughly that lol. I love this Bison rig though, it's top notch. I should've ordered it with a threaded barrel from the beginning but back then suppressors weren't really a thing and I don't care for flash hiders or brakes. On that note, wonder how much Bison charges for a new barrel, guess I'll go check.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                I assume pretty much any barrel can be threaded. I have a Bison Armory stainless bull barrel with target crown that I LOVE and I'd like to get it threaded for future suppressed use. I assume there's no issue threading a bull barrel? Is there any chance it can be messed up? Would it be cheaper just to buy a new already threaded barrel than to bother with sending this one somewhere?
                Call tip burns in canyon lake he can take care of this for you with no issues and if you set up a time he may be able to do it while you wait or go have lunch , 210-508-7961 , tell him Gordon sent you

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
                  Call tip burns in canyon lake he can take care of this for you with no issues and if you set up a time he may be able to do it while you wait or go have lunch , 210-508-7961 , tell him Gordon sent you
                  My choice also.

Comment

Working...
                  X