X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
    short sighted post...it won't ratify.

ac
    short sighted huh? do you trust your government?

Comment

Originally posted by Hayek'sPupil View Post
      Nope, but I do understand the process, this particular bill has no legs. I was not trying to be an *****

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Hayek'sPupil View Post
        As long as the Republicans control the Texas legislature, yes.

The Texas legislature in the last session passed and the governor signed constitutional carry, told the federal government to kiss their butts on suppressors, allows people to store firearms in hotel rooms, quit restricting holsters for open carry (with or without a license) to belt or shoulder, removes the authority of local/county/state governments from restricting the transportation of ammo or firearms, etc.

So a single Democrat submits a bill. The same legislature that passed the bills that I listed (and there are more) aren’t about to start repealing those laws.

I posted an example already to show what it takes to pass a bill into law and gave an example of one that did pass and how many steps took and one that got no support whatsoever. It died almost as soon as it was submitted.

This will be an issue when the Democrats eventually take over. Right now there are likely several such bills and they are all probably dead on arrival.

Comment

I say this in every session and will probably say it again this session…..

Wait until the media starts pushing news articles with similar bills like this. The headlines will say something controversial like…. Bill To Pass Legal Marijuana Use Submitted In Texas Senate

Then watch the comments on the dreaded Facebook. You would see many comments like, “great, what day does it go into effect?” or “it’s about time this law finally passed” or “I can’t believe this is a new law, how did it happen?”.

The answer is that it didn’t happen. The media uses it to get clicks and apparently most of the public has no clue how laws are actually passed. Stories like that might get 300 comments and 2000 clicks to read the story when in reality the bill will never get out of the first committee, much less the same bill in the other house committee and then to the floor of both houses.

It sure makes for interesting headlines though.

Comment

yep, "many a slip between cup and lip" in TX leg

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
              This is a bill from two years ago that passed into law. It allows certain first responders to carry handguns. Look at the steps to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              The picture is blurry. Will you post the link to the page where I can read this please?

Comment

Originally posted by Acjigga View Post
                The picture is blurry. Will you post the link to the page where I can read this please?
                Sure. The details weren’t really important but just showing the number of steps it took to actually take effect.

These “submitted” bills are many times meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                X