No announcement yet.

Wait... Don't take the bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BATFE recanted on constructive possession.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Share NFA item.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	24705026

Comment

An estimated 10-40 million braces have been manufactured and distributed to Americans legally. This “rule” would make those that purchased them and are in possession of them legally, a felon without Congress ever enacting a law as the founding fathers intended. A federal agency should not be able to pass laws without the representatives that were elected BY THE PEOPLE being involved. PERIOD.

Comment

If these changes are allowed to pass, it will (most likely) be the end of the 2nd as we know it. If they get an inch today they will take a mile next week. When the Government wants to take something "Gun Related" away from Law Abiding Citizens, It just means that they want to do something to "US" that will require something "Gun Related" to Stop....
        Last edited by coker737; 01-29-2023, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
          An estimated 10-40 million braces have been manufactured and distributed to Americans legally. This “rule” would make those that purchased them and are in possession of them legally, a felon without Congress ever enacting a law as the founding fathers intended. A federal agency should not be able to pass laws without the representatives that were elected BY THE PEOPLE being involved. PERIOD.
          Congress did enact the law.

18 U.S. Code § 921 - Definitions

(a) As used in this chapter—

(7) The term “rifle” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

(8) The term “short-barreled rifle” means a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            Congress did enact the law.

18 U.S. Code § 921 - Definitions

(a) As used in this chapter—

(7) The term “rifle” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

(8) The term “short-barreled rifle” means a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.
            I’m not seeing a Law……Just a Definition

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
              I’m not seeing a Law……Just a Definition
              The definition is the law. If the federal government prosecutes a person for having a short barrel rifle, the question then becomes, what is a short barreled rifle. The United States Congress defined that, not atf.

Do you want me to look up the NFA law to show you that a short barrel rifle is a crime?

It is not a matter of agreeing with it or being unconstitutional. At this moment it is the current law and it was defined by the United States Congress.

Comment

As I see it, the "Pistol Brace" was made to use as a brace to wrap around the arm while firing the pistol. I don't think it was meant to be shouldered but at some point, I think I remember hearing that the ATF said it was OK to shoulder the brace. Does anyone remember hearing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                  Also Just learned BATF has changed their policy on allowing anyone not listed as the registered owner possessing your NFA item.

Now letting someone even in your direct presence possess it i.e. let them "try it out" is a felony.
                  They take it a step further to include "constructive possession" i.e. you set it down on a bench between you, they could theoretically be considered "in possession".
                  And you as the registered person making it available could also be charged.
                  So your saying I can’t let my 13yo shoot a pig in the blind with me? Using a suppressed rifle that is registered to me?

Comment

Yall need to subscribe to Jared with Guns n Gadgets.
                    He stays on top of all the garbage coming from the atf, doj, gungrabbers, etc.
                    He also posts all of our wins.

Comment

Someone with the atf posted to the q&a the lie and misinformation.
                      It has now been removed and the atf issued a statement regarding the lie.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Tagged

Comment

FYI, this is live and scheduled to be published tomorrow. Looks like the 120 day countdown starts tomorrow. I'd expect the lawsuits to go live in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            FYI, this is live and scheduled to be published tomorrow. Looks like the 120 day countdown starts tomorrow. I'd expect the lawsuits to go live in the morning.
                            More Lawsuits than you can Shake a Stick At…..

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                              This…you are essentially “telling” on yourself that you possess it and hoping they get your background check done in 88 days. Then if you are denied ATF has already made public comment that they will take enforcement action. I don’t have a dog in the fight but it’s a hot mess that does not favor the firearm owners. Hopefully someone can get it stopped before anything happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Nailed It
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X