X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still & Cold. Should be a good morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Grapevine USACE View Post
      Hunters, parking always seems to brought up. We only have a few parking spots that are actually located on USACE property. 1) knob hills trail head off Hwy 377 2) Dunham road aka cross timbers trail head (long walk for deer hunting but easy access for pig only portion 3) Trophy Club Park boat ramp, but please remember its a boat ramp, so do not park in a spot designated for vehicles with boat trails if you don't have one. Any other spots are at your own risk, but if its a legal parking spot then it should not be an issue, you can always ask local PD. As far as the trail beside the RR tracks, that did not exist before the train derailment, 2017ish. The rail road company never blocked it off after using it for repair. And our property is 70yards give or take from that road/RR track intersection. So we say don't go down that road because that is technically trespassing across private property. And we don't allow vehicles off roadways, that is not a roadway. If you are not aware sooner or later HWY 377 is going to get expanded and we plan to make the knob hills trail lot larger, which you can park now at then walk under 377 its not that far. We are also looking at adding an access on South end near bobcat if possible with the expansion.

Hope ya'll are having a good season and get some meat for freezer and something to brag about, but to bad there are not deer at the vine! Happy Thanksgiving and stay safe .
      Can you get agreements in place so we can park at all gates? I know of at least 1 gate bordered by private land that you cannot park at or even walk to without going through private land first.

Comment

Does anyone know the reasoning behind the hog only hunting area? Just curious why that area would be off limits for deer.

Comment

Sat this evening saw 2 shooter both out of range. Tried calling but they were not interested. One was a once in a lifetime in some thick nastiness not sure he is can be killed where he is at. 3rd time I have seen him in there with binos.

Comment

Originally posted by SPaw View Post
            Does anyone know the reasoning behind the hog only hunting area? Just curious why that area would be off limits for deer.
            Closer to a residential / main lake area maybe.

Comment

Sitting out here now w the kids again

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                That used to be a solid dove hunting field years ago [emoji23].

This one’s GREAT tho!

32.9753062, -97.0706024
                This is where all the giants are!

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                  Someone was successful. Not us. But congratulations to the guy who was.
                  What'd he shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                    What'd he shoot?
                    Talk to another hunter today he said a nice 9 point

Comment

Yeah it was a good 9.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Grapevine USACE View Post
                          Hunters, parking always seems to brought up. We only have a few parking spots that are actually located on USACE property. 1) knob hills trail head off Hwy 377 2) Dunham road aka cross timbers trail head (long walk for deer hunting but easy access for pig only portion 3) Trophy Club Park boat ramp, but please remember its a boat ramp, so do not park in a spot designated for vehicles with boat trails if you don't have one. Any other spots are at your own risk, but if its a legal parking spot then it should not be an issue, you can always ask local PD. As far as the trail beside the RR tracks, that did not exist before the train derailment, 2017ish. The rail road company never blocked it off after using it for repair. And our property is 70yards give or take from that road/RR track intersection. So we say don't go down that road because that is technically trespassing across private property. And we don't allow vehicles off roadways, that is not a roadway. If you are not aware sooner or later HWY 377 is going to get expanded and we plan to make the knob hills trail lot larger, which you can park now at then walk under 377 its not that far. We are also looking at adding an access on South end near bobcat if possible with the expansion.

Hope ya'll are having a good season and get some meat for freezer and something to brag about, but to bad there are not deer at the vine! Happy Thanksgiving and stay safe .
                          Thanks for the parking info.

Comment

I still hunted this morning and saw 7 bucks (3 shooters) and 2-3 does. One was a real wide 10 pointer I've had pics of since the summer but haven’t seen for a while. The second was a legal 6-7 pointer but not a giant. The third was possibly the biggest deer I've seen on the hoof. Also have trail cam pics of him in a number of different spots but hadn’t seen him on the hoof before. I was going to cross the field to my next setup and bumped him, a doe and a satellite buck. The 2 bigger bucks were with does; the others were solo. Nothing was in bow range but it was a cool morning. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                              I still hunted this morning and saw 7 bucks (3 shooters) and 2-3 does. One was a real wide 10 pointer I've had pics of since the summer but haven’t seen for a while. The second was a legal 6-7 pointer but not a giant. The third was possibly the biggest deer I've seen on the hoof. Also have trail cam pics of him in a number of different spots but hadn’t seen him on the hoof before. I was going to cross the field to my next setup and bumped him, a doe and a satellite buck. The 2 bigger bucks were with does; the others were solo. Nothing was in bow range but it was a cool morning. Happy Thanksgiving!
                              Sounds like a good hunt, except not being close enough. I had the same issue before. Keep at it. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

First post here, 17 years old first season bow hunting first season applying. Hunted opening day saw some does and a buck they all got my scent and ran also saw a bobcat but didn’t get a shot opportunity. Since then I have fixed with spray and evercalm. This evening walking in to my spot I noticed 3 rubs a few feet apart on the trail to where I sit. Saw one buck rutting where my truck was fixin to be parked and I tried to stalk him but he didn’t stay around. Coming in to spot busted probably 6 deer including some bucks. Tons of tracks and scat where I’m at hoping to get my first bow deer but unfortunately I’m hunting from a natural ground blind so chances are limited sometimes. Good luck and happy thanksgiving to y’all!
                                Last edited by ethan.hines; 11-23-2022, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X