Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
    Do they not do the public hunt book anymore? I always enjoyed getting that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ever since tpwd went online, they discontinued the book.
    Only book they still send out is the APH map booklet.

Comment

Applied to my usual. Applied to quite a few solo this year. My dad didn’t go on the one we were drawn for last year. He’s gotten really bad knees and can’t hike much anymore

Comment

All in. Love seeing all those double digit points... that still wont help me draw lol. But it's still fun to dream. 10 points in management seems to be my best bet at a hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
          If you don’t, I’m going to through a **** fit for you!

Now kith

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
            Do they not do the public hunt book anymore? I always enjoyed getting that!

Same here, kinda got me in the pre-hunt mode. Would rather have a book in hand than anything online.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
              Not sure on the permits but saw they are only allowing processed feed (no corn) which is a change.

Also, their first youth GDE hunt dates are when the kids are still in school during the week so guessing that is incorrect.
              Probably not, Fairfield has run youth hunts during the week before.

Comment

Originally posted by StickFlinger View Post
                I'm new to all this draw jazz, I get all the points and hoo-blah. Is the Granger PHL draw actually just a PHL zone that you get drawn to have access for the season? Judging by it being archery only with a nearly 60% success it must be pretty populated?
                They count pigs in the success rate

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  I see, that's might misleading lol

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post

I think they count success in general as successful in harvesting any game. We went on a hunt and showed 72% success but only 3 of the 20osh people shot Deer

Comment

Hog counts are happening and yes, it is misleading. You can find an excel spreadsheet for the draw hunts that shows you 'everything' from what was harvested to hunters that showed and stand-bys that were taken.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
                        Hog counts are happening and yes, it is misleading. You can find an excel spreadsheet for the draw hunts that shows you 'everything' from what was harvested to hunters that showed and stand-bys that were taken.
                        That spreadsheet would be interesting to look at. Is It hard to find? I’m guessing it’s on TPWD website?

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
                          Hope they don't start counting slapped Mosquitoes as successful harvests.

Comment

Between my adult hunts and my kid's youth hunts, we have right at 40 applications. Yet im still not confident in drawing anything, I've been putting in for 15 years and have drawn one hunt that i was unable to attend because of starting a new job.

Comment

For those looking forward to this hunt one day:

Young Sambar stag, hind and yearling I photographed yesterday at PHWMA.

The stag was right off the road 15 yards away from the vehicle, unaffected by our presence. They looked delicious, I’ve been eating sambar ground steaks and burgers this past week.[emoji39]

Comment

Awesome! Is powderhorn completely high fenced?

Comment

Working...
                                X