Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
    I was getting ready to call you for help today. I've never been able to get that bow back to where it was before we changes the strings. I've got the broadheads close to flying like field tips, but 30 yards is about the max. Thinking i may have to break down and see how expandables fly out of it.

Spent most of the weekend loading bullets and messing with the compound and recurve. If i can get a ladder stand set up, i may have to try with the recurve. Either way, i gotta get a stand closer than what my buddy has in place for either bow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

sounds like a yoke issue. I can’t remember. What kind of bow was it?

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
      sounds like a yoke issue. I can’t remember. What kind of bow was it?
      Pos diamond black ice. I've adjusted cables and the limbs are parallel and the cams measure straight on a drawing board. Think i need to paper tune again. Starting to think the string had been stretching

Comment

I actually had a similar issue with my redhead kryptik, which is 99% the same build as the black ice.
        Pos diamond black ice. I've adjusted cables and the limbs are parallel and the cams measure straight on a drawing board. Think i need to paper tune again. Starting to think the string had been stretching

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Cam being straight at full draw doesn’t necessarily mean it’s right. You might need to adjust the yolk in order to get a little cam Lean. To compensate for hand torque

Comment

Cam being straight at full draw doesn’t necessarily mean it’s right. You might need to adjust the yolk in order to get a little cam Lean. To compensate for hand torque
            So can hand torque cause broadheads to hit 3 or 4 inches right of field points? Fields are pretty much on point, considering my shooting is subpar right now. 20 yards out, thing look pretty decent. Going to 30 is when the gap starts. Shot a broadhead followed by a field point multiple rounds. Occasionally they lined up but majority were up to 4 inches right. I was starting to lean towards the rest needing adjustment, but waiting to paper test again

Comment

So can hand torque cause broadheads to hit 3 or 4 inches right of field points? Fields are pretty much on point, considering my shooting is subpar right now. 20 yards out, thing look pretty decent. Going to 30 is when the gap starts. Shot a broadhead followed by a field point multiple rounds. Occasionally they lined up but majority were up to 4 inches right. I was starting to lean towards the rest needing adjustment, but waiting to paper test again

Arrow should be 13/16 off the burger hole. Then adjust yoke for lean. Is this a single cam bow?

Comment

Arrow should be 13/16 off the burger hole. Then adjust yoke for lean. Is this a single cam bow?
                Yup

Comment

Yup

Then the top post is what I would do. 13/16. Yoke tune the top wheel.

Comment

Then the top post is what I would do. 13/16. Yoke tune the top wheel.
                    Is there a secret to which way the wheel should lean or just experiment?

Comment

Is there a secret to which way the wheel should lean or just experiment?

Put two twist on the left side yoke. Lay arrow on cam pointing to other cam. Should have just a slight inward angle.

Comment

I'm not scared of snakes at all. I've held multiple venomous snakes.
                        However, if you've ever seen what happens if you get hit....it's just not worth it.
                        I wear snake boots.

I don't wear them for the ones I see, I wear them for the ones I don't see. I don't want to spend any time in a hospital.
                        I won't post pics, but they aren't pretty.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello Everyone. I am brand new to archery, finally got a setup thanks to Archery County in Austin, and the awesome folks at Brazos County Archery Club got me the rest of the way.

I have no hunting roots, but am getting myself into it. SHNF is the closest public land to me I believe, and I am interested in anything - pigs, squirrels, rabits, deer anything. In it for meat.

Do yall have any pointers on where to start? I have no point of reference.

Right now I have my bow, arrows, some clothes I go backpacking with but no camo, and I just ordered some Vortex 10x42mm thanks to a good 40% discount through optics planet

Good luck on your deer hunts this season

Comment

Make sure to get a Annual Hunting Permit, Archery tax stamp, and license, read the SHNF rules in the book and use common courtesy

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                              Make sure to get a Annual Hunting Permit, Archery tax stamp, and license, read the SHNF rules in the book and use common courtesy
                              Thank you Harry. TPWD said I need hunting license, the Archery Endorsement, and the Annual Public Hunting Permit and that I can get that at academy or wherever. I still need to do my online hunter education.

Have you ever hunted pigs in SHNF? If so, what do look for? food sources like berries, and water sources?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie25 View Post
                                Hello Everyone. I am brand new to archery, finally got a setup thanks to Archery County in Austin, and the awesome folks at Brazos County Archery Club got me the rest of the way.

I have no hunting roots, but am getting myself into it. SHNF is the closest public land to me I believe, and I am interested in anything - pigs, squirrels, rabits, deer anything. In it for meat.

Do yall have any pointers on where to start? I have no point of reference.

Right now I have my bow, arrows, some clothes I go backpacking with but no camo, and I just ordered some Vortex 10x42mm thanks to a good 40% discount through optics planet

Good luck on your deer hunts this season
                                a good gps unit, compass, whistle, or a good phone with the onx hunt app and a battery backup. scout , scout and scout for more.

Comment

Working...
                                X