Covert wireless error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert wireless error

I have two new 2016 model Covert Verizon cameras that I am receiving a "3E8" error on whenever I try to activate the camera. I've set the device up online via the secure.covert-wireless login and the error is appearing on the camera screen upon trying to active they camera. Upon emailing customer service, I was told that this usually indicates that I'm not in a Verizon home network. I've had my cell service through Verizon for years with no problem so that can't be the issue. Anyone else had this error?

you will have to call them, they can be frustrating to deal with but the person on the phone may be more help than the email. I have not ever seen that error and have been running the cameras for two years now. How good is your phone signal? maybe you need a booster for the cameras. I run on the AT&T my signal is about 60% at my land I have no issues.

Comment

I always go online to their chat and they are very helpful and quick to respond

Comment

Never had that error code. I'm att. Does your camera find a signal when you put it in setup mode?

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
          Never had that error code. I'm att. Does your camera find a signal when you put it in setup mode?

Skinny
          x2

Comment

When I set mine up I got that error and I knew I was in a Verizon area, however the signal was weak. I turned it off and tried to set up again and it worked due to the signal being stronger the next time

Comment

Thanks to all for the response.

Update -

1. It can take up to 24 hours before the camera is active on the wireless network. I waited a couple days and still received the error so that shouldn't be the issue.

2. I have 2-3 bars of service on my phone in my office so I took the camera outside and that did the trick. I'm happy to report that it is now activated and sending pics.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                Great info - thanks! This should be much quicker than phone or email.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                  Thanks again for this tip. I used the chat today and it was much easier than emailing or calling

Comment

Working...
                  X