No announcement yet.

anthrax updates for Sutton and valverde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When all this first started Rafter W in Sonora was pushing the medicated protein and selling it by the truck-loads. According to one of the guys there they have been feeding it for years and had not had any deer that died in the outbreak. FF to now and ask them how many died....You can't stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
      Yes. Lyssy and eckels makes it for us. But you have to get a prescription from a vet I believe.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We bought the LE medicated for a few years after the outbreak in 2001. We had a vet call in the script to Simon Bros. I believe they said each deer needs 2+# per day.

Comment

Do y'all eat the deer you feed the medicated protein to?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Do y'all eat the deer you feed the medicated protein to?
          There is a 60 day pull off. You need to stop feeding mid September.

Comment

I'm headed to our lease on the county line of Sutton and Val Verde to see what the damages are today. The feed store is not saying anything very promising about the situation at all. It's happened before but not to this extent. Hopefully not a complete loss. Game cameras should tell a story. If nothing is coming around the feed stations and lots of dead deer found, might just start crying.

Comment

Just left the lease, no more smell of death but not much sign of life either. Probably have 6-8 total deer on camera between both my setups. Corn is piling up, protein and CS hasn’t been touched hardly.

Comment

Based on everyone’s reports, it sounds like the worst of its over. Hopefully it won’t take too long for everyone to recover.

Comment

What is everyone opinion on eating deer shot in these areas? I have Axis coming in I’d like to hunt but don’t know if it’s worth the risk.

Comment

anthrax updates for Sutton and valverde

My camera says the Coon population is almost extinct, but lots and lots of porcupines.Three doe and two young bucks is all that I’ve seen on pics.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                      What is everyone opinion on eating deer shot in these areas? I have Axis coming in I’d like to hunt but don’t know if it’s worth the risk.
                      I would wait until the cooler weather shows up. I was at our lease this weekend and our LO still said he would wait because it’s still hot. Once the cooler weather gets here then it should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                        I killed a couple labor day weekend. Cooked a roast Saturday. Was a little light headed and blurred vision yesterday morning, the whiskey i had with it could have had an effect. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                          There is a 60 day pull off. You need to stop feeding mid September.

This is what they told us as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonbilla View Post
                            I killed a couple labor day weekend. Cooked a roast Saturday. Was a little light headed and blurred vision yesterday morning, the whiskey i had with it could have had an effect. Lol
                            Dang I had same symptoms yesterday !

Comment

Bump for those just hearing about it.

Comment

I drove to our ranch in Comstock off of 1024 Saturday. I saw 3 giant bucks and several smaller bucks and does on 1024. Several deer on camera and looking healthy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X