Sam Houston national forest 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    Who do you think you are trying to tell me what to do? Get lost.

I'll help nice people but you ain't one of them.

I’m confused. Carry on…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Who do you think you are trying to tell me what to do? Get lost.

I'll help nice people but you ain't one of them.
      Not sure if this was sarcasm so this reply is assuming it was not.

If you pull up the road on a map on your phone, you can take a 'screen shot" on your phone. This will capture what was on the screen of your phone (hopefully the road you recommended). You can save the pic and post it to this thread. Now everyone will know where the road is.

If you were being sarcastic then my meter is broke.
      BTW - I hunted the SAM for years and never gave specific locations, just general information.

Comment

I wasn't being sarcastic as I was trying to help the new guy and fo butts in giving me orders. I don't like the way he went about it.

Comment

I wish I could show you, I loved that area.
          Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          Screen shot it on the map
          Unless there's some history between you two....I think you're way off. You expressed that you wished you could show him the area and he provided you an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Unless there's some history between you two....I think you're way off. You expressed that you wished you could show him the area and he provided you an option.

Comment

Okay, maybe I took it wrong. Sorry, Flash.

Comment

[emoji15]. Francis, that you?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay, maybe I took it wrong. Sorry, Flash.

[emoji1360]. You still have my interest sparked on this road.

Comment

I grew up hunting around stubblefield. Camping fishing squirrels coon hunting with dogs and deer hunting. There are some monsters in there but I've never been lucky enough to connect with one. Check out some areas around Osborne road. Look for some ponds on the map. I know some of that area was becoming private land or bought out or something like that but there may still be some good areas there

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                      [emoji1360]. You still have my interest sparked on this road.

Okay, now I have to figure out how to screen shot. I'll get with my wife, she's 16 years younger and does that stuff.

Comment

Okay, now I have to figure out how to screen shot. I'll get with my wife, she's 16 years younger and does that stuff.
                        If you have an Iphone you just push the home button and the little button on the upper right hand side of the phone at the same time.

That may be different for newer versions, but that's how you do it with mine.

As far as Flash's initial comment I think he was making something of a joke about posting it up because if it's as good as you say, once you do that it's going to be filled with people. That's why most of the SHNF hunters on here stopped posting. It was getting crowded enough already without making it easier for people that didn't care to put boots on the ground.
                        Last edited by Etxbuckman; 09-16-2021, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I grew up hunting around stubblefield. Camping fishing squirrels coon hunting with dogs and deer hunting. There are some monsters in there but I've never been lucky enough to connect with one. Check out some areas around Osborne road. Look for some ponds on the map. I know some of that area was becoming private land or bought out or something like that but there may still be some good areas there

Awesome I’ll have to look around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like I could get a doe permit any year I applied until the online system came around. Havent had a doe permit since.

Comment

Chew, did you hunt that area when old man Moriarty was running cattle in there? I had the TO insignia for the 90th and he was in the 90th in WWII. When we ran into each other he told me where the deer were because of it. It's been a few years since I have been in there but I could get from 149 to the lake today I'm sure. I know there is a high fence or 2 in there now.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                                Chew, did you hunt that area when old man Moriarty was running cattle in there? I had the TO insignia for the 90th and he was in the 90th in WWII. When we ran into each other he told me where the deer were because of it. It's been a few years since I have been in there but I could get from 149 to the lake today I'm sure. I know there is a high fence or 2 in there now.
                                I hunted there in the late 70s and 80s. I didn't know him but my dad had to throw me up in a tree a few times when a ****** off free-ranging bull got after us.

Comment

Working...
                                X